Author Topic: Mystery ships and deletion after 1 year or so  (Read 17814 times)

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery ships and deletion after 1 year or so
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
Dirk

I can not understand why you need to retrieve information on your photographs from Ship Spotting, surely you have this information on your own computer.

Allan

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
Allan,

I take some 10,000-20,000 photographs a year (not all of ships) at many different locations and ports around the world. Some of the posted/deleted mystery ships may go back up to 10
years ago. Would you remember the date and place (and exact location of stored media) of each of those photos? Well, I don't.

It takes the Photo Admin a second to delete a photo, but may take me many hours to locate
the date and location where taken (and where stored).

I will also lose all the details I noted and possible responses by our members. All gone
forever!

Offline Pier Master

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • The Pier Master
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »
Personally I think it is prudent for the photographer/member to know what he is taking a photograph of to be able to post it here. If not, it is purely a, (holiday), snap shot, and not for this site. Also it should not be for a third party to store details/records of members photographs, that is for the photographer/member to do themselves... just my opinion.

Regards, Brian, AKA The Pier Master.
Blistering barnacles...

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 06:56:19 PM »
Sirk

I keep a record on a database, used to be in notebooks, of every photo I take. I can tell you the date and place of every photo I have taken since around 1970. Very simple.  It really is your responsibility to keep records of your photos.

Allan

jimmcquarrie

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 07:55:59 PM »
Go to My Photos then deleted photos Voila!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk