Author Topic: Topic 2: Focus and exposure  (Read 26792 times)

Offline ventuari

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Topic 2: Focus and exposure
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 03:45:10 PM »
Hi Jadran.

Totally agree with you. And worst if the hard copy its in grainy photo paper...

MBregards.
ventuari

HARD COPY PHOTOGRAPHS

Hard copy photographs (old ones) can basically never be in the same good quality/sharpness, due to various reasons, as a negative or slide.

Therefore, for a scan of a hard copy photograph, the poster should obligatory state in the photo Description box a Note:
Scanned from a hard copy photograph

Regards / Jadran

Offline ventuari

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Topic 2: Focus and exposure
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
Hi Dirk

Totally agree with your post. Not only (as you posted...)..." that they should be in a separate category " but I would add...in a different box in the main page. Why dont use the "Random Photo of the day" box ( for example ) for third party shots, collections, or photos not taken by the actual photographer ?.
Its just one idea...where to place those third party shots...

MBregards.
ventuari

There is already some tolerance for older images that are scanned, this does not need to change in my opinion.

We must be sensible, the advances of digital photography are impossible to reproduce except from transparencies of exceptional quality.

Older images are very much admired on the site by a lot of the members.

best regards

Derek

Older images are indeed most interesting. But if these were not taken by the actual member who posts them on Shipspotting (of course with the proper copy right) it is my opinion that they should be in a separate category.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk