Author Topic: Help, to identify this RUSSIAN ship and type  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Help, to identify this RUSSIAN ship and type
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »
Hello folks, anyone can help me to identify this ship, type of ship - it is hard to find any information in non-kyrillic and also the one I find, it is not possible what kind and type of ship it is. I have provided a link:

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2314971

Thank you, Cornelia

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Help, to identify this RUSSIAN ship and type
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »
Hi Cornelia,
I think it's this ship

Middle Sea dry cargo transport "Irgiz"
https://yaostrov.ru/corps/flot/item/29658-srednij-morskoj-sukhogruznyj-transport-irgiz

Google may help you to translate.

Krgds.
Juergen

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:29:41 PM »
Some more interesting information, translated from Google:

Middle Sea dry cargo transport "Irgiz" this year celebrated the 57th anniversary of the raising of the flag of the Navy. How many miles astern of the vessel there for his long life, even a rough estimate but it is impossible to say that a few turns around the Earth "Irgiz" did - that's for sure.

It is noteworthy that the ship built in 1958 and still is in good technical form, being one of the most popular Baltic transports, ready at any moment to go to sea. At present, it is mainly used to transport military cargo between the ports of the Baltic Sea. And between flights regularly carries naval service to provide naval combat training, goes to the "closing" of the area and firing successfully performs various housekeeping tasks.

Original published on the website: https://yaostrov.ru/corps/flot/item/29658-srednij-morskoj-sukhogruznyj-transport-irgiz/29658-srednij-morskoj-sukhogruznyj-transport-irgiz#ixzz3kaFW9BVk

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 08:25:26 AM »
Thank you all for the help, once in a while it happens, that you really come across rare and interesting ships and whereas I was very happy to see what I thought was an "old coaster of the 50ies" I found to have seen an military auxiliary ship, which was found proof on many russian websites which deal with all kinds of Navy and ex Navy ships.

This here is also needed to be seen by the admin, who has mistakenly put this ship into the category for pipelayers. Sometimes, it is a  hell of a search to find something out, but it is worth it.

More info under the photo now, thanks to very nice international cooperation and this is, what makes shipspotting.com unique and also in such special cases.

Greetings,

Cornelia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk