Author Topic: Very similar photos  (Read 13550 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Very similar photos
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 09:26:18 AM »

Also, I disagree that a ship that is seen often becomes uninteresting. It is very interesting to follow the life of a regular trader throughout the years. Many of the regular ships to Hamburg, now are gone South or elsewhere.

by that time she will have a different name and sport different colours, so yes that makes a ship interesting (for me) again. But posting a shot every time she calls at Hamburg looking exactly the same, is overkill to me.

Offline Eric Leschevec

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 10:14:08 AM »
 Taking photos of ships can become addictive , as many ship spotters would be aware of , taking the same photo of a ship many times over and posting it can be a bit of a pain in the stern for some , happens on other ship forums also , in Australia one forum has members putting on the same photo of a tug all the time , it leads to overkill .

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 12:38:30 PM »
@ Pieter
I can follow when different spotters have a similar picture on the Maas or Elbe and such, but when the same spotter posts the same vessel again and again,, it destroys some of the integrity ? of this site.
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline jadran

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »

This is an opposite situation/case !

I always keep wondering why for the *Funnel Marks* is only available "one photo space" for a funnel mark of a particular Shipping company in the Category: Shipping Companies Funnel Marks/Superstructure Logo Boards

Makes me moreover wonder, what would happen if such *Rule* was applied to any of the Ship (only one photo 'permitted to be shown' on this website of that Ship).

On the other hand, I can think, that a Company insignia mark on the ship's funnel, can become and also be quite interesting, when multiple seen i.e. from various angles, close or even closer distance, subject to variety of the shot(s) composition & seen on different funnels of the ships being within that Company's fleet.

Only a thought ...............
I know that this entry is out of the general meaning of this particular Topic, therefore I sincerely apologize  ( I can remove this entry if found necessary).
Jadran

... got married to ships

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 01:34:55 PM »
I agree with Captain Ted. There is absolutely no need that a spotter posts again and again the same ship and most time 5 angles !
peter
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Tomas

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=&uid=3166&orderby=hitsD
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 06:58:39 PM »
If i may chip in an... Idea, or perhaps more a ideology (at least for me), when you feel like you'll gonna make a photo you have done before, thy walk an extra mile, make 10 percent more effort in the photos, try make a photo in a setting you havent done before.
It aint impossible, i have done it hundreds of times, and i am perhaps the posterboy of mediocrity photo-vise.

All the best, and try a bit harder (if possible)

Clydee

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
Tomas I follow the same ideology, except that I drive to another location.

I often self delete an earlier shot if I get a better one from the same location/angle

You are no "posterboy of mediocrity photo-vise."  You are an ideal many aspire to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk