Author Topic: Quadcopter (drone)  (Read 12290 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Quadcopter (drone)
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 05:23:00 PM »
Pieter .. i get a reliable 20 minutes per battery.

The whole privacy issue really is a myth put out by people that know nothing of these things and probably based on what they think they might do with what they imagine the capabilities are.
They really are no threat to privacy - but many other technologies may be..

OK, so assuming that you need about 4-5 minutes to get the thing in position to make a series of proper shots, you can basically deal with for or five ships on one battery, so you will have to carry a shipload of spares with you. I am not sure that I can share your optimism regarding the unlimited use of drones in the future. Especially in areas with large tankfarm, (gas, oil, chemicals, you name it) I am pretty sure that you will not be allowed to play around with something that could potentially cause a big disaster when in the hands of somebody who is aiming for that.
A weekend ago I was walking around (and photographing) on the 18th hole of the Pebble Beach golfcourse, which transforms one weekend in the year to the most valuable parking place in the world, with a gathering of over 200 cars, together well worth hundreds of millions of dollars. There were also tens of thousands of people there. Early in the morning a drone apperared, and there was immediate action (the organisers had foreseen such an event). it was taken out the sky not to come back again. The point I want to make is that the freedom that you may now experience is not going to last long. There will be more rules and rest assured that they will be ever more restricting. I don't know how it is Australia, but we have small "airport" for radio controlled airplanes and helicopters close by, and they are only allowed to fly within the perimeter of the field... (not everybody stick to that though, but the message is clear)   

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
@ Owen

privacy is for me that I can sit at my pool and it is quite and not a neighbor buzzes with a drone overhead to make pictures of my sexy wife because his wife is a copy of a elephant,,for my part,, a drone comes over my land,,I have the right to shoot it down,, which is exactly what I will do
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline Emmanuel.L

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 04:57:15 AM »
Has already been done here Capt.Ted. A drone was shot at and downed after anti hunting individuals tried to capture hunters shooting and trapping birds. Rules and regulations must come in force regulating the use of these drones before a serious incident happens.
 regards.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 05:04:16 AM »
Has already been done here Capt.Ted. A drone was shot at and downed after anti hunting individuals tried to capture hunters shooting and trapping birds. Rules and regulations must come in force regulating the use of these drones before a serious incident happens.
 regards.

rules will always be established AFTER a serious incident happens.  :)

Offline Tomas

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=&uid=3166&orderby=hitsD
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 06:49:37 AM »
 ;D CAPITANO TED  ;D

We use drone in the Brevik-stream, but allways stay good way from ships, unless we have contacted them first.

Tomas

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-ship-photography/1432618817040609

Offline Ian Thomas

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 07:44:20 AM »
Link from the CAA site if you are using a Drone:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1995&pagetype=90&pageid=17054

Ian Thomas
Photo corrections Admin for Tankers and Data Editor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk