Author Topic: Locations not available  (Read 17719 times)

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Locations not available
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 02:02:09 AM »
Our friends in Montenegro and visitors have been waiting patiently for the whole country to be recognised!

I am sure that Kotor, Bar and Bijela would be welcome for starters.

David

Offline Petros Psarras

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • News about Piraeus
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
From my side also I have to add some not available locations in Piraeus area/perfecture,such as Salamis Island, Aegina Island , Poros Island.
Once at Piraeus ,forever at Piraeus!

Offline Ken Smith

• President Emeritus
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 06:06:34 PM »
As I have said many times whilst I was Webmaster it is on the "To Do list", It was originally intended to cover Major ports worldwide but New York is still missing.!!!!

It is as you know a Drop Down list which is quite extensive and now has quite a number of obscure location added as opposed to Ports.

Hopefully the Webmasters can sort this out but if all the requests are added it will become quite lengthy so maybe an alternative might be a better option.

Kind Regards
Ken

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 10:51:33 PM »
New York is there now (see Bob's message a few months ago), even if doesn't quite function as desired.

Most of the drop-down lists seem to work OK once sufficient letters are typed in, but I do think that some are unneccesarily long because they are too specific - individual terminals within a port, for example, that some may select and others choose the general port name.  Or the same ship passing the same place entered differently according to where the photographer is standing.

If it ever happens that Admin here can manage this list, it could probably do with some pruning as well as additions.  A nice little job for a volunteer or two!

Offline Vladimir Knyaz

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/duke161958
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 10:51:34 PM »
Hello!
Please add the Sabbeta port (Russia), be on the Yamal peninsula, in the Gulf of Obskaya Guba. Already 4 months I put photos made in this port, and it in lists till now is not present.
Best regards, Vladimir.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 12:57:39 AM »
Hi Vladimir
I appreciate that it is frustrating that you are unable to add the location for these photos in the way that you should be able to (in some cases whole countries are missing!).  Regrettably, no tool has yet been made available to us to edit the existing list, two years on from my previous message.  We certainly have this still on our wish-list, but I do not think that Santa is about to surprise us.

David

Offline Vladimir Knyaz

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/duke161958
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
Thanks for the answer.
Best regards, Vladimir.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk