Author Topic: Old venue lost 2 new ones found!  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Russell Judge

• Supporter
  • Just can't stay away
  • Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971
    • View Profile
Old venue lost 2 new ones found!
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
Just returned from my annual tour of Belgium, Netherlands & Germany. Will not bore you with the details as they were much as my previous visits. The main loss of viewing is on the left bank of the Scheldt where you used to be able to get to the river bank just by the eastern side of Deurganckdok. This road is now fenced off; it was not great but, at least, you could photo the container ships through the fence.
On the same side of the river, I found you can get down on the quayside at Singelweg. This is the south side of the entrance to the Kallosluis locks at the river end and is reasonable at all times of day as it faces north.
The other new find (for me) is in Maasvlakte and is Missouriweg. This has unrestricted access to the south side of Amazonehaven. However, a word of warning; I went on a Sunday and it was great as I could stop the car wherever and whenever I wanted. There is very little or no space for parking and I would not recommend it on a working day!!
I had a bit of a scare as when I first went to Landtong Rozenburg, I found the entrance to the "Hill" fenced off and some sort of drainage work being carried out. However, when I returned on the Sunday, the gate was opened and I trust it will be open maybe for weekends only until work is complete.
Maybe some local guys will advise.

Thanks to all? my readers

Russell Judge

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk