Author Topic: Member Advice  (Read 4895 times)

kensmith

Member Advice
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:31:50 PM »
From time to time I find it necessary to have to go in the Forum to explain what this Website is all about which basically is for sharing photographs of Ships and general discussion on Maritime Matters.

That of course was the original intention but it has developed from the early days of what was known as a Community to one of the largest of its kind on the Internet and we should be proud of this achievement, we have members from almost every part of the Globe and a constant supply of photographs to enjoy are uploaded every day but there is a downside and that is the point of this message.

This is Not a Website where anything goes, we have Rules and Standards that have been in place for many years which should be upheld and we have a Team of Administrators working to ensure that this is done but the task is difficult because many are now ignoring these Rules and Guidelines and are uploading it would seem to their own Agenda in spite of the fact that they have ticked a box when uploading to say they have read and agreed to the Terms laid out.

In fairness to the Majority of members who support this Website with excellent photographs and also support the way this Website is run, I do have evidence of this, we will be tightening up on unacceptable photographs that are blatantly uploaded in breach of the Guidelines, the members that upload unacceptable photographs and this also includes lack of Details with the photographs will be contacted with a full explanation of what is expected and if they do not comply then action will be taken.

I regret having to say this but I feel confident we have the support of the vast majority of the membership in endeavouring to maintain a Website of Quality Ship Photographs which has always been this Websites intention.

Kind Regards
Ken Smith
Webmaster

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:48:16 PM by Ken Smith »

Offline B.Clark

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Member Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
Keep up the good work Ken

DanEarl

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »
Bump

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:23:30 AM »
Thanks Ken, I noticed a number of new photos yesterday that had been uploaded to the site which were really off topic.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 01:22:59 AM »
Agreed. There were also quite a few photos where the only difference is that the ship is more zoomed in on one photo then on the other.

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
Unfortunately on a site like this these sort of things are always going to happen as some people's interpretations of the rules and guidelines are going to be different to the views of website management.  How do we address them I don't know? But I think it is a bit unfair on the webmaster to have to constantly remind us, especially the long term members who might feel that they are being targeted by these reminders.  My thoughts are if you think the group of images you want to post are borderline and feel hurt if you was to post them and they promptly get deleted is drop a message to the website management and they let you email the image to them directly and they might be able to give you an indication if they would be OK or not.  Just a thought, but there will always be one who will argue the point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk