Author Topic: Polish shipbuilding and prejudices  (Read 5253 times)

Offline PHa

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Polish shipbuilding and prejudices
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:00:46 PM »
Hi, all!
Reference is made to the OFF-TOPIC-Comments regarding this photo upload on shipspotting: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2202384?

In my opinion the Photo comment box is unsufficient for this kind of OFF-Topic discussions. The forum should be used!

The comments to a simple shipphoto (please see: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2202384?) are running obiously into OFF TOPIC. Nevertheless: I herewith open a new thread for discussions of this matter:

Waldeks & Allans "distortions" are worth to be discussed. Ciegielskis famous history should be well noted: Established 1846 in Posen. (From 1918: Poznan.) Inventor and builder of agricultural mechanical tools and vehicles, steam tractors, steam locomotives and railroad cars, trams and military equipment. By the way: Stephan C
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:46:42 PM by PHa »

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Polish shipbuilding and prejudices
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
@ Wuka

seemingly ,as mentioned before, you would love to live back in the old days.
I can remember times where german companies overnight took the complete german crews off (Sloman) and complete polish on. Do you really believe that happened because polish sailors are that much better.  German Master salary at that time (non german flag) 13-15000 DM and polish masters 2500 $ !!!!   I still had in 2006 just under 9000 Euro while my polish reliever had $ 5500.  Today there are no german young sailors on ships left, beside some german companies with german flag. In the company where I work 40% of Masters are polish
the rest is Filipino. There are a few german/ex-yugoslavian sailors in between.
Do you really believe that has to do with qualification or with salaries or subsidies or german and dutch goverments which were hell bend to bankrupt polish ship yards.?
It is plain and simple capitalism, where the whole eastblock could not wait to get it and now acting surprised that it is not receiving only.
Look Spain,,years and years they got massiv money from Brussels and they were the first to object against the entering of the 10 former east block nations to the EU because they knew that they would mutate from receiver state to pay state.
Btw,,I whish as german sailor that the old days would be back.  As stated end 80.s I made 13000 DM,,,now I make less than then that. with the iron curtain up again my salary would be today equivalent to 20000 DM and not barely above 10000 Euro !!!
You might want to have a second look on that what you stating here. I even don,t say that from your point of view you are wrong, but you might want to change the view angle.

Not the EU or anyone else bankrupted Poland or the East-block,,the political system in those
countries did that.  best example,, the germans are renown to make things work,,, even they could not manage it in former DDR (E=Germany) to make it work !!!! 

capt ted
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline Ian Horsfall

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:10:32 AM »
Excellet article Capt. Ted

Offline Northkehdinger

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:01:13 AM »
Moin Capt. Ted

Thank you for this great article.

brgds Bjoern

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »
@ Northkedinger & Ian

thanks guys,, but somehow my hat-band busted when I read this guys posting, and seemingly not only mine. Typical view of certain peoples who always looking for other peoples failure but never looking in the mirror to see where they went possibly wrong !!!

When one listens to the VHF traffic at sea, the moment two pol officers talking first question is,,how much the salary is, they understood right away capitalism when it is to their advantage, but seemingly loosing it right away when with the capitalism the reality comes too !!!!!
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk