Author Topic: Blury Photo  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Tristin Woolf

• Just can't stay away
  • Great Lakes Maritime Academy
    • View Profile
Blury Photo
« on: January 12, 2015, 01:54:57 AM »
This photo was added to the site and wasn't deleted:
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2170938
Now I ask why my photo was deleted that I was told was too blurry?
It was not as blurry as the photo on the link.

Thanks,
Tristin W.
Tristin W.

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Blury Photo
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 02:46:55 AM »
I don't think it's blurry, plus it's the only photo of this ship on the site.

Regards

Tony

Offline Daniel B

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 03:07:22 AM »
If it is not blurry then, it is very foggy and one would guess that it was shot with an instamatic camera.

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:08:17 AM »
Its a scan of a print, they are rarely perfect.

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 09:29:14 AM »
Tristin,

Everyone who uploads a photo to shipspotting.com agrees to a set of site standards. It is expected that members read and understand these standards before posting photos. Some leeway is given to pre-digital photos which are scanned, those of historical interest and those where it is the only photo of that particular ship on site. We have a small team of volunteer admins who do their best to maintain standards and photos are only deleted once they have been checked by at least two admins. If members have a query regarding a deleted photo they are welcome to contact the webmaster directly. However it is NOT permitted to complain about or query a deleted photo in the public forum

Brgds
Phil

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »
I knew it was border line acceptable when I posted it, but as it was new to site I thought it worth a go. I try and only post new to site vessels, rather than just add to multiple shots of vessels. It is a scanned photograph, it's not as good as it should be because it was taken in poor light, just before dawn. Another vessel was about to come alongside and obscure the view, you can see the fenders out and the bunker barge is just pulling away. As it was not likely to return to Immingham this was the only opportunity  for a photograph, and, a less than perfect shot  in better than none.

Personally, it's about the ship, not the standard of the photographs, although there has to be some standards, and someone has to make a decision. I'd rather see a less than perfect shot of a new or unusual vessel, than excellent photographs of a vessel with many other excellent shots on the site, but, I accept that for others the quality of the photograph is paramount. I have deliberately not posted what I consider to be good photographs of a vessel, because the site already has a lot of photographs of it.

If and when it is decided to delete the photograph, I will be happy to accept that decision.

Offline Tristin Woolf

• Just can't stay away
  • Great Lakes Maritime Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:18:58 PM »
I am sorry if  I sounded like I was complaining, I guess I didn't realize the circumstances of this photo.
Tristin W.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 12:12:14 PM »
Simonwp quote [ I'd rather see a less than perfect shot of a new or unusual vessel, than excellent photographs of a vessel with many other excellent shots on the site, but, I accept that for others the quality of the photograph is paramount. I have deliberately not posted what I consider to be good photographs of a vessel, because the site already has a lot of photographs of it.]

I wish I had said that.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk