Author Topic: Blue Sky M, IMO 7510690 rescued/intercepted  (Read 4243 times)

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
Blue Sky M, IMO 7510690 rescued/intercepted
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:19:33 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30639794

Moldova-flag cargo vessel Blue Sky M, IMO 7510690 with some 700 migrants,
mainly all refugees from Syria, intercepted and taken to a port in Italy.

Prior to interception, crew had abandoned vessel after putting her on an
autopilot course to hit the Italian coast.

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Sky M, IMO 7510690 rescued/intercepted
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:36:07 PM by dirk septer »

Offline IRION29

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:04:47 AM »
Just what Italy needs!It's difficult to imagine 1000 bodies on a vessel that size.

Offline Federico

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:50:37 PM »
Since november in South Italy 6 similar ships arrived with about 700-800-900 person on board, almost all from Sirya, Palestine and Iraq. It is not yet clarified if they departed from Siryan ports or from nearby Turkey. A lot of confusion in the declaration of the migrants that for sure have fear to state exactly the true, maybe because of ritorsions. Regarding the Blue Sky M four Siryans citizens were accused by people to be cooperators of the organizers. Everyone of these persons is supposed to pay until 2000 euro for the transit because the traffickers insure them that the voyage is more safe!
It i ashamable that nobody is intercepting these vessels before Italy, specially considering that nobody knows what kind of persons could approach Europe...delinquents, ill, terrorist affiliates...  :-X

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »
That,s reality and that's going on all over the world. Peoples will do anything to get from a poor country to a rich country or better off country. But, then,,didn,t we want it all that way. Keeping countries poor in order to buy cheap at WalMart or Aldi or Metro !!!

NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
@ Federico,

These are all fellow human beings in search for a place to live in freedom and start a new life and trying to make a living an contributing to our society, usually taking those jobs that we don't want to do ourselves anyway.

If there are a few (say four out of a thousand) suspected bad apples in this group, then this is just a drop in the bucket, adding only four to how many thousands of Italian Mafia types. That should not be a reason to keep the other 996 from getting a second chance to a new future....

Offline Federico

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
Dear Dirk,

I have piloted in my port not one, not two, not three...but at least 50 ships carrying these poor people, coming from all Mediterranean Countries and from Central Africa. So, You can imagine very easily how many persons and faces I have seen in the last year. I have not pointed out about the poor people who is onboard, but against the traffickers and also against my stupid Government which has spoused a politic of the free entrance. I can insure also to You that almost 5% of these people is remaining in Italy, they are not interested to stay in a country where there is no job for Italians...You can imagine for the rest. Once they are identified and registered by a sort of codebar they are questioned if they want to stay in the shelters or if they have relatives or friends in Europe, almost everybody is going to France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, even Norway and Sweden.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk