Author Topic: Shipspotting in Rotterdam/ Europoort  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Bjoern Eddy Engelbrethsen

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Norske skip 1850-2023
Shipspotting in Rotterdam/ Europoort
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:23:54 PM »
Hello everyone.
I am planning a trip to Rotterdam. I will stay at hotel in Rotterdam Centrum. I have some questions: 1) Is there any good spots for shipspotting in Europoort?? 2) Easiest ( and cheap) transportpossibilites to Europoort or other spottingsites?? I dont have a car in Rotterdam.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Bj

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Shipspotting in Rotterdam/ Europoort
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »
Hi Bjoern,
no chance. Look at the threat some minutes before. For ROTTERDAM YOU NEED DEFINITELY A CAR:
Maasvlakte container Terminal and the others are 30 km km downtown away.
regards
Peter
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Pilot Frans

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Sanderse Shipphoto
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 02:07:58 AM »
Perhaps you can take the train to Hook of Holland and than take the ferry to Landtong Rozenburg and Yangtzekanaal (south side) and Pistoolhaven (pilot office).

here can find some information about the ferry:
http://www.ret.nl/en/nc/travel-with-ret/timetable.html
click later on ferry. (not the easiest site)

Offline PietB

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »
If the weather is fine, take the train to Maassluis where you can hire a bicycle from the station for EU5 for the day. Then cross the ferry to Rozenburg and cycle down the narrow spit of land between the New Waterway and the Caland Canal. This way you will see large numbers of tankers and bulkers in the Caland Canal plus everything on the New Waterway. No shops or facilities on this route - so take food with you. If nice weather, the best possible way of seeing large numbers of vessels.

Piet B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk