Author Topic: Category Changes  (Read 5216 times)

kensmith

Category Changes
« on: November 19, 2014, 07:54:25 PM »

As part of the ongoing tidying up of the Website some categories have been changed as follows.

SHIPS LIFEBOATS
This was very untidy and was full of the wrong types, there were for example several photo's of Ardent of Southampton which is certainly not a Ships Lifeboat.

The category has now been edited and it has been decided not to allow anymore uploads so it is now locked and is "View Only" it can be found as a sub category to Passenger Vessels just below Motor Yachts.

WORKBOATS has been extended and now covers Crew Boats and Tenders, it has also been edited and is headed "Workboats including Crew Boats and Tenders" please do not upload a Ships Lifeboat to this category it will be rejected, there is a distinction between Ship Lifeboats and Ship Tenders, whilst both would be used in an emergency Tenders are basically used to transport passengers from ship to shore and local excursions.

Please help us to help you and accept these changes and also check the correct category before you upload, always remember you have to tick a box to upload.

Lifeboats such as RNLI etc. should be uploaded to Rescue Vessels. 

Kind regards
Ken Smith
Webmaster

Offline Rick Vince

• Top Poster
  • Saludos
    • View Profile
Re: Category Changes
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
Thanks for that helpful info Ken.
I have just spent a few minutes trying to locate the lifeboat category, and, doubting my own eyesight, or sanity, thought it best to see if there was some category changes - and so there was!
Oh well, I rather liked that category, but not to worry, there's plenty more to choose from!
Thanks again.
Regards, Rick

Offline Marcus-S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 11:18:18 AM »
Hi together,
I have a little question about the "Sort by Category"-function.
When I open my own photogallery "My Photos", then I can me view all the pics with "Detailed Listing" and can sort by many categories. Great.
But I'm missing a function for sorting all the shipphotos by name of the vessels.

Is there a function at my own gallery to sort the ships by name?
It would be clearer to me which photos I have already shown.

Many thanks for help
Marcus

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »
Hi Marcus, to my knowledge there is no such option in your own photo gallery, but you can click on "Advanced search". There you can fill in the IMO of the ship you are searching and then you choose your name from the dropdown menu "photographer" (just click on "all photographers" type in Marcus S, without the hyphen, and press enter), then "search". You'll then see all the photos you have uploaded of this vessel.

Cheers,
Jens

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 05:42:20 PM »
Oops, I'm sorry, you've been faster, Ken  :)

Offline Marcus-S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
Many thanks Ken and Jens  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk