Author Topic: Site crash status - September 2014  (Read 20575 times)

Offline Barry Graham

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Site crash status - September 2014
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
Well done to all concerned.  Glad to have the site back.
Best wishes
Barry

Offline Emmanuel.L

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 04:51:15 AM »
Thanks Ken and Hendrik and I am sure there are others involved in this remedy  for the great September ShipSpotting Shutdown.
Looking forward to being able to post pics on the site.
Once again A Big Thank You to all involved.
Emmanuel .L

Offline Geir Vinnes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 07:56:49 AM »
Great to have Shipspotting back, but I think it would be nice if Shipspotting could start sending out an email/newsletter with some information to all members when something major happens to the site.

Brgds,
Geir

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:58:35 AM by Geir Vinnes »

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
Looking forward when site is fully up again. Thanks for your work.

Offline John Grace

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
Much missed over recent days and very glad to have the service back. Thanks to all concerned.

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »
Dealing with such site issues never easy. I'm sure it's been a frustrating fortnight for the folks at Shipspotting.com. Thanks to Ken & his team (i.e. tech crew, etc) for their efforts in  getting site on-line again. Looking forward to when fully operational.

Offline lotty

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 07:25:21 AM »
Good morning

I am a new member so sorry if the answer is obvious. I have tried to get onto AIS but no ships are showing. Am I doing something wrong? is this something to do with the crash

thanks for any info

Offline Darleydale

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
Hi Ken

Thanks for all the hard work you and the team are doing in regards of the CRASH! I hope it's up and running soon.

Best wishes

Gordon

Offline ventuari

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
Hi Ken. Thanks for all the hard work ( extensive to the tech. crew and fellow site administrators ) to get all solved. Its not easy to deal with a mega crash like this one. Hope everything backs to normal.
Thanks again.
MBregards.
ventuari

Offline jdap

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 08:44:49 PM »
Great to have Shipspotting back, but I think it would be nice if Shipspotting could start sending out an email/newsletter with some information to all members when something major happens to the site.

First of all, many thanks to the techie team for the hard work during these days of blackout and hardship. Certainly far from being an easy task to keep the site up and running again, I am sure. Please receive my sincerest sympathy and appreciation for all you efforts.

Certainly having the SS website down has been hard to endure on a daily basis, when one is accustomed to using it as a sounding board, and as a source of pleasure and motivation to tackle the chores of daily life.

Regarding the quoted sentence above, I think it raises an interesting perspective, and maybe it provides some food for thought. Maybe in the future SS should consider diversifying a little bit, and perhaps use an alternate channel for passing along key messages to members at large, and to its many followers from around the world. And, at the same time, raise interest on its institutional services, and promote their uniqueness.

So, and this is only a suggestion, why not opening up an institutional page on a social network (Facebook, for instance), where key messages could be conveyed in alternative, and in parallel, to the service provided by the database (i.e., the main institutional SS website we all know about). Wouldn't it be an attention catcher and a magnet to the main website, drawing new publics to it?

Here I leave this suggestion for the consideration of the SS Administration.

Best regards,
(and quoting Kurt Vonnegut in the best-seller "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "...and thanks for all the fish!")

Jose
(jdap)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:52:16 PM by jdap »

Offline fargon

• Supporter
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 01:54:55 AM »
Please come back up soon.

Offline Tony_Birdman

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »
Good morning

I am a new member so sorry if the answer is obvious. I have tried to get onto AIS but no ships are showing. Am I doing something wrong? is this something to do with the crash

thanks for any info

also try www.vesselfinder.com as marinetraffic dont always show all areas i have found out.

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 01:32:37 AM »
Good Luck with bringing back this website.  Any idea when photos and vids can be posted again???? ??? ??? ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk