May I remind members to consider the site standards for the above category which can be found here before posting:http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=Tugs with Tow
The salient points include the below:
1. This category is intended for photographs that include the subject of the tow as a significant part of the photograph as well as the tug.
2. This may include Barges, Lighters, Rigs, Dead Ships or any other type of craft that a Tug may be called upon to tow.
3. Pusher Tugs with craft and Tug/Barge combinations should also be posted to this category.
4. Photographs of Tugs involved in towage operations where the Tug fills the majority of the photograph and the tow is not fully shown should be posted to the main TUGS category.
5. Please ensure that the tug forms a significant part of the photograph and is recognizable, otherwise post in the correct category for the craft being towed.
6. This category is not for photographs of ship handling operations such as a tug/tugs assisting a ship under its own power when entering or leaving a port, the exception being if it is a dead ship.
7. If the tug or tow/ship is the main subject then they should be placed in the appropriate category and details can be given in the description box.
These guidelines are being consistently ignored by many members.
John Jones (Admin for 'Tugs with Tow' category.)