Author Topic: Reporting IMO Numbers & other Errors  (Read 2926 times)

kensmith

Reporting IMO Numbers & other Errors
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »

A gentle reminder for those members wishing to report an error such as IMO number or miss spelt name, please use this link above the Comment Box.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo Comments (0)
Comments sorting method :
If you want to report errors - CLICK HERE instead of posting a comment!

Write comment:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am grateful to those that are doing so, it is working well and is allowing many photographs to be updated especially the older ones uploaded when the details were not required.

The reason for this is because they can easily drop of the Recent Comments Box if the traffic is heavy and become lost, this does not happen if you use the link.

Kind Regards
Ken Smith
Webmaster

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting IMO Numbers & other Errors
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »
Hm, haste makes waste, I know, but I reported three photos taken in 2014 of the bulker SEA CHARM (IMO 9252412) which were incorrectly uploaded under the IMO 8117316, the old Sea Charm which was broken up in 2012.

I reported them via the new button on August 19, I think, when I uploaded two photos of the new Sea Charm. Today's August 30 and the correction still hasn't been done...

Just a reminder, don't beat me, I know that you're all volunteers! ;D

Cheers,
Jens

Offline Dеnis

• Photo Administrator
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »
For me the reporting system works fine. Using it often & checking after a while if the error was corrected - so far good work by the staff on maintaining the database being in order!
Regards,
Denis

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 08:15:15 PM »
Hi Ken and Derek,

thanks for your replies and the correction.

I haven't used the correction tool too often yet and after I had used it I soon forgot which ship I had reported ;D

Maybe the fault was on my side in the case of Sea Charm and I simply forgot to click the "send"-button,though this would have been three times in a row, but I'm not getting younger either, do I?  ;D ;D

Cheers,
Jens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk