Author Topic: P&O Australia to expand to Five ships  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
P&O Australia to expand to Five ships
« on: May 24, 2014, 03:41:40 AM »
Just returned for a cruise on Pacific Pearl this morning. Whilst on board several crew talked about the future expansion of P&O Australia. Apparently they have been informed via crew meetings that P&O Aust will take over Ryndham and Statendam from Holland America in late 2015. These area additions apparently and not replacements.
Seems to be more than a rumour as I heard it from 4 different sources and all said they had been advised by the company.
Hilifta

Clydee

Re: P&O Australia to expand to Five ships
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 04:26:20 AM »

Offline NeoCivic

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
This is true. I use Cruise Industry News and they gave me this news. I reckon one is to replace Pacific Sun since they one had 4 ships in P&O. But HAL will be getting a new ship in 2016 (No name has been given yet) and apparently the one ship ordered will not only be the largest ship built for HAL but also equivalent to the two ships P&O are recieving.

Hopefully one will be based out of Melbourne now? Just like P&O organized Pacific Sun to do before she became Henna?

Offline Peter Karberg

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »
The market for cruising must be picking up pace as Golden Princess and I believe Carnival Legend are also coming down under for the season.

Offline SSM2005

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:58:09 AM »
It seems that  HAL no longer has place for smaller and older ships. Like many of the large cruise line. Their Prinendam will go to Phoenix Reisen. Some cruise lines are acting as a final port of call for the older ships, like the British Cruise and Maritime. It seems that PO Australia has took on this role.

Offline NeoCivic

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »
I didn't know about the Prinendam moving to Phoenix Reisen!!! When is this scheduled to happen??

Offline SSM2005

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 10:24:49 AM »
I am not sure neocivic.

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
Re Prinsendam.
There will be some seriously peeved customers if this ship goes. We cruised last year on Volendam and were blown away by the HAL loyalty of so many of the passengers. And ALL loved the Prinsendam and said it was their favourite HAL ship.
Hilifta

Offline Clive Harvey

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »
I understand that for several years Phoenix Reisen has expressed interest in acquiring Prinsendam but the price that Holland America/Carnival has asked for the ship has always been  higher that Phoenix Reisen are willing to pay. Recently, following the announcement that two of the Statendam-class ships would be transferred to the P&O Australia fleet the speculation regarding the future of Prinsendam (as the older ship of the fleet)has again arisen and with it the rumours of Phoenix Reisen's interest in her. There has been no report of the ship having been sold, to anyone. Right now it is nothing more than idle speculation. Unless of course someone has inside information that has not yet been made public?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk