Author Topic: Decline of site standard or personal Satisfaction or what ?  (Read 20518 times)

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Decline of site standard or personal Satisfaction or what ?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »
Regarding Fleetmon web site.They do not link photos from our site.
Sorry Sinisa - I should have said  http://maritime-connector.com

Tony

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 09:29:10 AM »
I think that "Latest photo comments" on home page makes troubles.Some members just click on them and push photo counters going on and on.It is enough that just one make a comment and you are on the top on the world.All others are just curious and follow the steps.This is virus for counter and some members like it.Quality is last one issue.I think that comments should be removed from home page and if someone want to read it let he browse every single page and make comment.I would rather see latest uploads of 9 or 12 photos than this.

Latest photo comments are very important to some members as they open the door to interesting conversations and passing of information.  What has it got to do with "trouble".  This fixation about counting hits is of no interest to me personally.

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 07:03:31 AM »
I think, it is good that you can see recent photo comments on right side. I have received alot of help by other members when I had Problems identifying a ship, and this is a very good Feature. Placing your question under the photo, there is really so much knowledge here on this site.

The Problem is: The photo might end up on top three, even it is not a real beauty-shot. I do not want this, in that case and is not intendet.

Get rid of that top three,replace that by: Every new uploaded photo is shown there for around 5 Minutes and all Problems are really solved  ;D

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 12:16:08 PM »
@ Cornelia
yes, but one problem with that
also vessels which are totally out of the standard, like half ships, totally obscured ships
or unfocused and worst like row boats in the fishing vessel section and canoe,s as cruise ships. Everybody new to this site might think right away,, Wow what a crappy site !!!!
That would mean that a ADM would have to filter the pictures on a continues base, not very practicable.
The whole thing is not about the top three it is more about if outside hits should be counted as hits on this site which distorts the whole thing as we could watch before the same ships and posters over and over again.
You may also have noticed that since this thread runs the variety of ships on the top three spots are much more mixed ships. The day before was even a bulker on the no 1 !!!!!  And that is what makes this site,, Not hits for any price !!!

NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk