Author Topic: Trip reports  (Read 11268 times)

Offline manzanares

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Trip reports
« on: March 28, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »
Not many trip reports, or hints re shipspotting  places, just loads of videos which I thought should be in the video section, or am I missing something ?

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Trip reports
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:02:10 PM »
I have noticed that as well, and I do not really understand, why. A "report" is for me written text, likely also with photos and not a film. I also see there is a video section.

Perhaps the moderators can tell more? I frequently upload a travel report, consisting of photos with text, in the "trip reports" part of the forum.

Offline PietB

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »
I agree with these points. This part of the forum should be for written trip reports, perhaps with the occasional still picture/s. Videos, however interesting, should be posted elsewhere.

Offline David Wilson62

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:12:24 AM »
This my not be in the correct place please move if not .
If anyone is planing a trip to Hamburg ,I found a 3 hour coach trip round the port .how I found it was by the wonder that is Google. Made all the arrangements over the web . If any one does this ask in advance for the info in English as the guide only spoke German . It was exalant ,as I say it was in German when I returned home I emaild them and thy sent me a copy in English. I will try and find a link and post it later .
David

Offline PietB

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »
As mentioned earlier in this thread, it would be nice if others added a line or two on their trips e.g. locations, what can be seen, points of interest etc.  I'm sure this would be useful and of interest for others, and it would also fit in with the title of this forum - Trip Reports!

Offline chrisg46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Shipping TV
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 07:22:12 PM »
I expect I'm the guilty party here, but I looked at the title of the forum, it said "trip reports", and I make my trip reports in video form. They are reports about trips, on ships, so I think they are trip reports . . . . I don't post the videos in this forum, but just a few words to describe them.

It seems pretty reasonable to me, honestly - and there have only been 7 other posts in the whole sections since February - and two of those aren't about trips. So 5 "proper" non-video trip reports in a half year? At least I hope I'm showing members something they find interesting, and judging by the view counts, my posts seem to doing that . .
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:23:59 PM by chrisg46 »
Chris
I'm a working shipping journo, and run a website called ShippingTV . . .
http://www.shippingtv.co.uk

Offline DEREK SANDS

• Top Poster
  • taken in Holland 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 11:03:36 AM »
We are looking for forum moderators to try and help to gather and look after information such as trip reports

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk