Author Topic: Videos not playing  (Read 16804 times)

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
Videos not playing
« on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:05 PM »
Hi

Anyone have any suggestions about why videos are not playing? ??? ???

I have read the suggestions and my browsers are up-to-date, caches are clear and You Tube setting is at recommended p360... any other suggestions?

My videos are playing successfully on Facebook and You Tube but not here. ??? ??? ???

UPDATE:

See my last post in this forum (page 2)  for a solution that worked for me.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:00:03 PM by Oldkayaker »

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Videos not playing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:40:41 AM »
No it's not working since a week ago. I uploaded a video this morning and still not working.

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »
No working at the video section but it is worth watching it directly in YOUTUBE.
I'd appreciate the video annoucement here in the forum
brgds
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:30:17 PM by victor radio74 »

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 09:55:22 PM »
Hi Victor Radio

You can catch my video link for Densa Orca in the Comments for that photo... but hurry... ya never know when the phantom delete-er will strike.... 8) ::) :D

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »
Hmmm...

I entered the same You Tube code that works in every other situation; but currently, in this site's video upload it is not working now, as it was weeks before.

It appears that some change is occurring between the input and the output functions.

When, in the edit mode, I look back at successful videos I see in the first code box a long alpha-numeric; but, in the recent unsuccessful videos I see only the" https://www. " of the You Tube address.  

It is almost as though some program change has occurred in this site's Video setup. ???

I guess we need an expert to look at this.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:17:48 PM by Oldkayaker »

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »
Cool your heels Ken.

There is a problem, but, it is not a personal one.

Lets just focus on fixing something that is not working as it has in the past rather than trying to point fingers at members, or messengers, reporting the problem.   OK?

;D ;D ;D ;D

10-28-2013... on my videos list, is the last time one of my videos was successfully entered on this site's Videos function.

Each video I have tried to upload since that October, 2013 date has been unplayable, unsuccessful on this site; but, has played satisfactory in other venues.

And, as I noted above, when in edit, I see the code box showing an alpha numeric entry for the successful videos (October 28, 2013 and back) but, in the newer unsuccessful ones there is that https://www entry showing in the code box. 

I don't know what this means, if anything, and apparently soooo... far, no one in this forum knows what this means either.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:44:55 PM by Oldkayaker »

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 10:59:47 PM »
Aha.....!

:) :) :) :) :)

I think I solved the problem.

This site, for some unknown reason, was not handling the URL that used to work; but, in Edit, if I change the https://www into just the alpha numeric for the video, then Voila!  the video plays successfully.

;D ;D ;D

Still don't know why this extra edit has to be completed now when before it was not necessary.  ??? ???

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 07:24:21 AM »

Hi John,

I had the same problem, so it is not only you. Could be admins having problems with video :-)
Video is just not their thing.
I am not sure if the problem is solved by doing what you did. I tried that two weeks ago too, but it did not work then. When I uploaded my latest video last weekend, it first did not work, but when I tried later, it was accepted with the https suffix. That gave me the idea, something was fixed on the site.

Cheers Fred

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »

Blablabla. There were problems with uploading video's whether you see new video's or not my dear Ken.

Cheers Fred

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 12:53:54 PM »

I do deal with it. It's not a big problem for me. If the site does not accept a video, I'll try the next day and if it still does not work, that's okay with me.
We all know you try your best, no doubt about that.

Fred

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 05:33:45 PM »
Hi all

I found an edit correction that might help others with videos that are not playing in the Ship Spotting video upload.

If a member's video is not playing, click on the edit, and see if the first code line shows "https://www" . If yes, then copy/paste your original You Tube URL address into that code box, delete all but the ending alpha-numeric and save this modification. The video should then play properly.

Oldkayaker

John

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »

Thank you John for the update. I'll try to remember next time I upload and it goes wrong.

Cheers Fred

Offline ridgerunner

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 08:35:18 AM »
I use a little player http://www.ilivid.com/

You can paste a youtube URL in the box and it automatically downloads the vids to your PC, Really handy little bit of kit for those who want to keep videos.

Rob

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 08:37:36 AM »
I don't get access to the forum since yesterday, only over the "submenue". This is why I ask this way.
The message goes like this:
Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
Back