Author Topic: Miami Cruise Port  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Hugh F. Carruthers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Miami Cruise Port
« on: February 20, 2006, 05:51:04 PM »
I am travelling to Miami from the UK on 18/03/2006 before travelling up to Fort Lauderdale to join a ship.
I would be greatful for any advice as to where the best photographic location is situated to capture the ships arriving at Miami that morning. An actual named location would be useful so that I can just ask a taxi driver to take me there from around 0600hrs onwards.
Thank You

Offline Charles McAllister

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Miami Cruise Port
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »
South Pointe Park, at the extreme southern end of Washington Avenue in Miami Beach, has a few spots with views of the main channel into the Port of Miami.  Both cargo and cruise ships will pass here.  There are several large condo towers, but there are a few places where you can walk close to the water and have a good view.  Take the MacArthur Causeway from Miami to Miami Beach, follow to Washington Avenue, turn right, and go to the end of the road.

Yahoo's or Map Quest's on line map services will give you a good idea of the area.  type in Washington Avenue in Miami Beach, FL, then click to move the map southward until you see the ship channel.

This is a great location.  Enjoy spotting!

Regards,

Charles
Best,

Charles

Offline Hugh F. Carruthers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Miami Cruise Port
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 05:59:06 PM »
Charles,

Thank you very much for that assistance. Miami and Fort Lauderdale are a long way away from my usual cruising experience from Southampton.
I am looking forward to capturing a few images of  
Voyager of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Imagination and the Norwegian Sun that I am advised will be arriving at Miami that morning before I travel up to the Caribbean Princess at Fort Lauderdale who I believe will be joined by Carnival Liberty, Carnival Glory, MSC Opera & Zuiderdam.
A modern cruise ship lovers dream!!!
Thanks again
Hugh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk