Author Topic: Upload boxes for date and locations are not functioning today  (Read 8858 times)

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
Hi

Trying to upload a ship sighting but all morning into the afternoon the boxes for location and date refused to open their drop-down menus and consequently new photos can not be uploaded.

Any idea how long this problem will continue?

Oldkayaker

Clydee

Re: Upload boxes for date and locations are not functioning today
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:45:37 AM »
They worked for me.  I use Chrome

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:44:53 AM »
NO PROBLEMS HERE
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
Annnnnnnnt!

Upload still not working using Firefox or Chrome!

Offline Rick Vince

• Top Poster
  • Saludos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 10:04:39 AM »
Hi Ken and oldkayaker... I have had a similar problem since yesterday - only it is the "date" drop down box which won't open. I am using Opera browser & Windows. Have cleared the cache but makes no odds.??  Strange.
Regards, Rick

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »
Maybe this helps to isolate the problem:
No problems with Safari on OSX 10.8.4

Cheers,
Jens

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
While it is interesting and probably informative reading about how others have no problems using different browsers, this may (only 'may'!) be irrelevant.
I bet the drop down boxes are functions of Java script.
In fact, I think I just confirmed that; I can see a script named "datepicker.js".
So, it is possible that Java needs updating (updates were published recently for java).
Just a thought!

Offline Lars Brunkman

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »
Kelvin,
Java script and Java are two entirely different things with only the name in common. While Java scrpt is merely a scripting language Java is a full blown programming language.

Ad blocking software has a tendancy to want to turn the use of Java script off to prevent adsfrom showing up. Make sure Java script is turned on in your browser. Other protective software can also turn Java script off without you knowing it.
Lars

DanEarl

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »
Hi

Trying to upload a ship sighting but all morning into the afternoon the boxes for location and date refused to open their drop-down menus and consequently new photos can not be uploaded.

Any idea how long this problem will continue?

Oldkayaker

I have only had a few problems with my last photos added to shipspotting, I thought it was just a small technical issue so added the location and date in the description box then checked the box below location and date, then the next day edited the information.

I don't understand how you can't upload photos if you can't open the drop down boxes ....... Maybe do as I did ? It's not convenient I know but as you know Ken is on the case and will endeavour to do his best as always.

Kind Regards, Dan.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:38:59 PM by Dan Earl »

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »
Kelvin,
Java script and Java are two entirely different things with only the name in common. While Java scrpt is merely a scripting language Java is a full blown programming language.

Ad blocking software has a tendancy to want to turn the use of Java script off to prevent adsfrom showing up. Make sure Java script is turned on in your browser. Other protective software can also turn Java script off without you knowing it.
Lars,
You are right and I realised my error soon after posting!
Still, I would be looking at how Oldkayaker's browser is dealing with JS. I sometimes have to tweak mine; I use Firefox with NoScript and often will need to allow java script, usually temporarily only.

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »
Re Photo: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1838524
Is this a good time for someone to say something like "It is fixed now. Thanks to those who took the time....." etc.
Kelvin

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 11:31:33 PM »
Good suggestions all, thanks.

Was able to upload a photo today using Ipad functions, albeit less easy than laptop processes; but, the European Highway photo was uploaded using Ipad, Apple browser.

But, problem with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer still around and not able to upload using them.

Having problem investigated here on 7-17-13 by Iyogi experts and hope to have uploading blockage cleared in all browsers I use.

Update: 7-18-2013

Good News Everyone! :D

Uploading problem solved at this end, it was due to an over-zealous security program.  FYI, Total Defense security program may have some over-protective programming that will jam up your internet activities.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:40:10 PM by Oldkayaker »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk