Author Topic: VIDEOS  (Read 3306 times)

kensmith

VIDEOS
« on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »
I have been looking into the question of Video's uploaded to the website and if they are effected by the Copyright Laws and apparently they could be in the same way that photographs are.

We do have members uploading their own produced Video's but many are taken from "You Tube" which are made and produced by third parties, I understand that a person uploading to "You Tube" can state their approval for them to be used by others and also can state they do not want them used by others so this is something to look out for if considering uploading to this website.

I would also remind members that we do have a dedicated category for Video's and that this should be used for all uploaded Videos's, it is not appropriate they should be uploaded in the Forum when we have a place for them on the website.

If you wish to show a Video then you can leave a message in the Forum to notify members a Video is available to be seen in the Video category which can be found on the right hand side of the Home Page.

It is fine to add links to any news items or anything of interest in the shipping world in the Forum but please no Video links, just a message to say they are available to be seen.

The website rules on Copyright also apply in as much as the Website does not accept responsibility, that remains with the member.

Regards
Ken Smith
Webmaster
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:38:23 PM by Ken Smith »

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: VIDEOS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:02:30 AM »
It is fine to add links to any news items or anything of interest in the shipping world in the Forum but please no Video links, just a message to say they are available to be seen.

I don't think I understand this.  Adding a link to the third-party video (ie, the URL where it is to be found) is surely exactly what should be done.  That can have no copyright implications whatsoever.

David

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: VIDEOS
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:47:22 PM »
Ah. got it.
This is only about uploads, not external links.
Thanks Ken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk