Author Topic: Use of other peoples photographs  (Read 12648 times)

Offline jhaver

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Use of other peoples photographs
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 02:19:13 AM »
This topic is never ending story.

We talk in "European terms", what if your photo is uploaded / distributed from poor countries e.g. Asia ?
They are the best with copy-copy ........ and nobody can be claimed.

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 06:39:53 AM »
There are always some exceptions. However, that does not remove the fact people shouldn't assume that when they buy photographs, they also buy the copyright.

As for Asian countries, I believe most of them have copyright laws, but they are simply not followed. However, this website can be considered a western one, so I see no problem in following and enforcing European/US copyright laws.

Offline PWR

• Supporter
  • Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 08:17:32 AM »
regarding posting of photos not taken by yourself. I would like to say I am putting on the site a lot of photos taken by CHARLIE HILL of Swinefleet near Goole - I am doing him a favour as he has no computor etc but he likes to see his photos on this site when he visits

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:11 AM »
Yes there are exceptions - but the point is this:

If you have permission to post someone elses photo but you DO NOT make this clear when uploading, it will still be liable to deletion. Someone might contact you to ask, if we are not too busy. However, the onus is on the poster to ensure that he gives the admin team the right information to avoid any disappointment.

Brgds
Phil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk