Author Topic: another collision of "Grot Rowecki"  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Wojtek

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
another collision of "Grot Rowecki"
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:38:59 AM »
"Grot Rowecki" has second collision in 3-month period of time.

Last night she collided with chemical carrier "Ece" in a half way between Guernsey island and the coast.

Following The Reuter's, "Ece" suffered damage and a leak of acid occured. The crew was rescued by the british helicopter. Polish vessel is continuing the voyage.

see more on BBC site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4664564.stm

BTW, no luck with "Grot Rowecki". second collision in such a short period :-(

Regards,
Wojtek

Offline Yannick GU

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: another collision of "Grot Rowecki"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
Thanks for this information. I'm a jouranlist in the west part of France and I will forward this news on Grot Rowecki to my colleagues who are writing about the collision today off Charbourg.

Regards

Yannick

Offline Mark

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:46:10 PM »
Some ships haven't any serious collision during 30-40 years... The are called "lucky ships".

The others sink on first or second travel, for example Polish Koronowo or Titanic.

And the others have a serious collision once, but next years they work without collision (for example: Kościerzyna, Norwegian Dream).

What are the reasons? I don't know.
It's life.

Regards,
MJK.

Offline FerryMaster

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 08:29:13 AM »
Unfortunately, 90% of all accidents at sea happens because of Human Errors.

Don't know if U ever been @ sea, but just only take all the B....hit people transmit over the VHF, the only communication equipment where you can talk to each-other.
Sometimes U must call another ship, because they dont want to give away (where they should have to) but you just cant get in contact because these people, who call themselves shipofficers, need to play with the VHF. Really Unbelivable. :-x

Offline Mark

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 12:14:50 AM »
Hi,
If the question was adressed to me, I can tell you, that I've spent more than 20 years on the sea (on the ship's bridge):-)
So, I know these problems very well.
In my opinion, every captain should do everything he can to avoid the collision.

It's truth, that 90%  of collision and casualties are caused by the human errors.
A lot of mates are fascinated in GPS, but I always telling him: what would you do, when GPS will be shut off?
But I can't present my opinion about collision of ECE and GROT-ROWECKI, because I don't know anything about it.

Regards,
MJK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk