ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: Photos of whale factory ships  (Read 1098 times)
geirrosset
Just popping in

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:09:54 pm »

Hi all!

I am currently working on what is to become an illustrated chronological encyclopedia covering most (if not all) floating factories in service between 1904 and 1968 (there are bound to be some that I'll miss as there were a lot of upstart whaling businesses in the 1920s to the 1930s that vanished almost as fast as they appeared, that were just out to make a quick profit).

A book like this has a rather limited target audience, and as such I am dependant on institutions and private owners who donate photos (many have already). All contributors will be properly credited of course. Many museums charge up to 120 GBP per full page photo, and it goes without saying that with the number of vessels I am trying to cover, purchasing the photos at those prices would make the book impossibly expensive to produce, even if I am doing all the other work free of charge.

If anyone here should have in their possession (or know of someone who has) photos of factory ships I would be very happy if you contacted me either through this forum, or directly at webmaster (at) paafeltet.org

Join the team and help create a book that could be a useful tool for anyone studying this section of maritime history.

Sincerely
Geir Rosset
Oslo
Norway
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:36:07 pm by geirrosset » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: