Author Topic: Queen Victoria or no Queen Victoria?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Queen Victoria or no Queen Victoria?
« on: January 23, 2006, 06:00:09 PM »
I believe that the building of Queen Victoria for Cunard has been halted (again). I understand Carnival (the owners)are to have the ship built for either Holland America or one of the other Carnival subsidiaries.

regards Glencairn 8-)
regards Glencairn :-) :pint:

Offline Daniel Dieter Abt

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.beyondcruises.com
Re: Queen Victoria or no Queen Victoria?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 02:22:07 AM »
Again? Is this after the other Vista Class hull went to P&O ? And should they be naming anything as unremarkable as an assembly line variant such an esteemed name? I have heard suggestions that a new Aquitania or Mauretania might be a more suitable name. I guess Princess Diana is out of the question...
WWW.BEYONDCRUISES.COM /
WWW.FAMOUS-OCEANLINERS.COM

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 06:05:09 PM »
I understand that Queen Victoria was postponed and the ship was renamed Arcadia (forP&O). Carnival then ordered a 'upmarket' version of the Vista Class, with Todd English restaurant and other 'luxuries'. She should have been built for the 2007 season. This has now been put on hold. It appears that Cunard will have to carry on with their two ships until further notice.

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 05:56:29 PM »
According to Cunarder World Club newsletter Queen Victoria will be in service December 2007!  Bookings for Maiden Cruise will soon be offered.
As Cunard have said this previously, I guess it's 'Watch this Space'.  :pint:  :-?

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 06:21:45 PM »
It looks like Queen Victoria will make her maiden voyage in December 2007. Ports of call Amsterdam, Oslo, Copehagen, Hamburg and Zebrugge. Her next cruise is scheduled for Christmas and New year to the Canaries. 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk