Author Topic: Athena  (Read 6407 times)

Offline peterredd

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Athena
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:51:58 AM »
The Old MV ATHENA has been arrested..Reports have appeared that the Classic International Cruises ships the 1948 built mv Athena and the 1955 built Princess Danae have been arrested at the French port of Marseilles as a result of unpaid bills and their passengers have returned home.....

Cheers   Peter

PS.. I am Back
Just love ships

Offline Damien McCarthy

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Athena
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:04 AM »
Hi Peter Classic Internationals MV Athena,Princess Danae,and Arion are all arrested Funchal only 1/5 through her refit in Lisbon has been bannned by law unknown if bills are being paid as Classic International arn't responding to emails.Ambiente Cruises of Germany have also cancelled their charter of Princess Danae's sistership Princess Daphne.The company need a miracle if they  can save these ladys who are possibly under danger of going to the scrapyard being aged between 47 an 64

Offline peterredd

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:22:47 AM »
I hope they do get some help.. The Athena visits the little coastal town i live in.. It was the first cruise ship to visit, others have followed since.. I don't know all the details but from what you have posted it doesn't look good... Thanks for your reply...

Cheers Peter
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:24:28 AM by peterredd »
Just love ships

Offline Damien McCarthy

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »
No Bother Peter I also hope they get some help as I wish  to see these old girls calling to Cobh Ireland as the Athena has a history as the legendary Stokholm which rammed the Andrea Doria in 1956 and Port Lines Port Melbourne and Port Sydney now Princess Danae and Princess Daphne as even though they are old they are still beautys
Can anyone tell me are the bills being paid or what can be told about their future
Thanks
Damien Mc Carthy

Offline Paulo Mestre

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
I can help since I'm in PRINCESS DAPHNE right now writing these words.
The situation of the company is very bleak and nobody knows, and all have doubts, that the company shall rise again.
The bills of the DAPHNE remain unpaid and nobody knows if it is possible to pay them.

All the best from Souda,
Paulo Mestre

Offline Damien McCarthy

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
Paulo I thank you dearly if you hear anymore please email me @ [email protected] as I would love to hear that the ships and company are safe and all 5 will be sailing to Cork Ireland on Around Britain cruises
Thanks
Damien

Offline Kai R

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
Seatrade Insider reports that most crew members have left the ships - albeit with their outstanding wages.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/News/News-Headlines/Most-crew-members-have-left-CIC-ships-arrested-in-Marseille.html

Offline Damien McCarthy

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »
Any recent updates ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk