Author Topic: Shipspotting in Genoa  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Goran Isacsson

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Shipspotting in Genoa
« on: September 30, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »
Hi
As i have already received great help from you guys regarding shipspotting locations in Hamburg and Vlissingen, i trust someone can give me some advice as to where to go shipspotting in Genoa?  Any help is much appreciated!

Regards

Goran

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Shipspotting in Genoa
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »
Was there about ten years ago. A difficult port to find a good place, many fences, busy traffic. Short harbour cruise give the best opportunities. Also the foot passengers bridges to the ferries were accessable at that time, standing higher at the Grimaldi ferry terminal gave a good view over the harbour. There is no accessable mole to see incoming/departing vessels as far as I know. It is wise to find out beforehand the timetables of the ferries and cruiseships. Other ships to be seen during my visit were a few laid-up tugs and a few tankers in the commercial outer harbour during the harbour cruise.

Offline fmassa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Shipspotting in Genoa
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »
I suggest  Molo vecchio as good point It  is in front of roropassenger and cruise vessel berth

C.Aurelio Saffi is a good point for the entrance and shipyard berths

Obviuosly for security reasons is forbidden to enter into the port without specifical  reasons and it is necessary to get the pass from Port Authority as in all ports under ISPS Code

Turist ferry boats are using to travel in the comemrcial port  

Francesco Massa Genoa
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:28:51 PM by fmassa »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk