Author Topic: Pennant Numbers  (Read 7189 times)

kensmith

Pennant Numbers
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »

I have noticed that some Naval Vessel Pennant Numbers are still not being added correctly and this confuses the search, the aim of this exercise was to have all Naval Ships that are on the Website easily found by using the Pennant Number box in Advanced Search.

For those ships that have had the Pennant Number added correctly, and I am grateful to those that have complied with the request, it is working well and by placing the number in the Pennant Box of the Advanced Search function all with that number can be quickly found.

The Pennant Number should be added without any spaces/gaps/brackets/hyphens/inverted commas for example as D95 and not as D 95 - (D95) - "D95" or D-95, or any other variation, these will not be recognised in a search and will not be found amongst the bulk of those uploaded, they will be on the website but not collectively.

Those found with the Pennant Number added incorrectly are being updated but it is possible that some are missed.

Please try to upload as advised if you wish your photograph to appear with all the others, it is in your own interest to do so.

For anyone interested a PDF File in alphabetical order is available listing all that have been updated so far, it is not complete but is ongoing and currently covers 11.5 pages of A4.

Just send me a pm and I will forward it to you.

Kind regards
Ken

Offline Chris Howell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pennant Numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
Just to confirm Ken

Is the correct format for naval vessels as such

In Title box

HMS LEANDER F109

In the Pennant box

F109
Notes on album
1. All postings are photography of Chris Howell except where stated taken from 1972 to date.
2. Photographs taken by others are credited as owned collection and photographers name where known and I own the copyright or the person mentioned in the text.

Offline Robbie

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pennant Numbers
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
Is there some way we can have the pennant numbers set up the same as IMO numbers so all the images of a vessel with the same pennant number are shown at the bottom of the page? To me that would be handy as I quite often look at a photo then have a quick look at a few of the other images of that vessel.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk