Author Topic: MSC Flaminia  (Read 72333 times)

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: MSC Flaminia
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
Public AIS is a nice thing. However, it's pretty annoying when people post new threads every time a ship deviates from its normal route, not to mention bigger conspiracy theories.

Offline Andreas Schlatterer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »
Hello together

Capt.Ted 100% agree with you.

Best regards

Capesize
Capesize

Offline Homer

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Ships
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
Hi,

@Capt.Ted : 1+

Offline PHa

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 07:56:10 AM »
Good Morning!

MSC "FLAMINIA" at new Jade-Weser-Port (JWP) Wilhelmshaven (Germany):

http://www.havariekommando.de/presse/bildergalerie/2012_08_20/DSC_0009.JPG

Regards Peter

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 08:22:24 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw3s_gHbKv0

Thanks to our German fellow shipspotters.

And lets hope people don't start speculate from what they see on the footage.
Maybe we should stop uploading video too, because we don't want all these stupid noobs on this forum speculating or having an opinion based on nothing.

Whahahaha

Cheers Fred
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:35:28 AM by Fred Vloo »

Offline kasco

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
Captain Ted:
I view AIS as a source of information the same as this site provides me with information. I would like to believe that the more information that I have the more able I am to make an informed opinion. You point to the incident with the Concordia as a example of what is wrong with the information that was received in real time. So I would like to pose this question to you:

What possible reason can a Master put forward for running his vessel aground at cruising speed unless she was being beached at a breakers yard?

Offline stantheman

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
Good point Fred!
Wow! That was an intense fire! Looks like part of the deck is gone too!
No wonder they were concerned with stability. Wonder if she will be rebuilt? ;D

Offline kasco

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »
There is now another container vessel on fire, Flinter Aland.

Offline mooringman

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2012, 01:43:43 PM »
It is not the "Flinter Aland". It is the MV"Amsterdam Bridge" on fire,i think she is on Mumbai road now in India.

Offline Robert Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »
Kasco - there's a Dutch saying which freely translated says "The best sailors can be found ashore". FYI the "Flinter Aland" is moored in Terneuzen pending investigations on an accident which happened over the weekend. Do you ever consider how valuable your "informed opinion"  would be to the rest of the world ?

::)

Offline Hannes van Rijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/userinfo.php?uid=20488
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
Flaminia arrives in Jade Weser Port

THE BADLY fire-damaged container ship MSC Flaminia and its accompanying tugs arrived safely in the German port of Wilhelmshaven

Offline kasco

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
Kasco - there's a Dutch saying which freely translated says "The best sailors can be found ashore". FYI the "Flinter Aland" is moored in Terneuzen pending investigations on an accident which happened over the weekend. Do you ever consider how valuable your "informed opinion"  would be to the rest of the world ?

::)

I apologize for identifying the vessel Flinter Aland and not the vessel Amsterdam Pride as the one that was on fire.

Offline manzanares

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
Captain Ted:
I view AIS as a source of information the same as this site provides me with information. I would like to believe that the more information that I have the more able I am to make an informed opinion. You point to the incident with the Concordia as a example of what is wrong with the information that was received in real time. So I would like to pose this question to you:

What possible reason can a Master put forward for running his vessel aground at cruising speed unless she was being beached at a breakers yard?

To prevent more deaths if the ship had sunk/capsized in deep water

Offline PHa

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »
Good evening,
here are updated news regarding "MSC FLAMINIA" at berth Jade-Weser-Port of Wilhelmshaven (Germany): After finishing investigations of public prosecutor and police re. dead and missing crewmembers, now the concept of discharge of the (partily damaged and destroyed) cargo is ready to start and published by the CENTRAL COMMAND FOR MARITIME EMERGENCIES GERMANY as follows:

"At first the superstructure of the MSC FLAMINIA will be cleaned, following a decision of
all the experts from the Central Command for Maritime Emergencies (CCME) (German:
Havariekommando), from the authorities on site and from the shipping company. Presumably
the cleaning work can start this week. It is expected to take about five days. All
cabins and areas of work in the superstructure will be cleaned thoroughly. If the area
passes the following survey of safe working conditions, it will be approved for day-today
operations.
The concept of discharge, drawn by Germanischer Lloyd, is completed. In order to ensure
the stability of the ship, containers and the water for fire-fighting are discharged in
equal measure. The containers on which an elevated temperature has been detected
have priority. After this the containers with dangerous goods are following.
Because of the surveys on board by the experts from CCME and the thorough comparison
of the loading list, the stowage plan and the list of dangerous goods the number
increased by two to 153 containers. The two additional containers contain vehicle parts
and cosmetic products.
First surveys have shown that the water for fire-fighting is less toxic than supposed. To
prove them, the results are currently assessed by some other experts.
Meanwhile also the first part of the concept of discharge for the damaged cargo is on
hand. In the first instance the appropriate containers are planned to be taken off board
in kind of a tub."

regards Peter
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:08:33 PM by Peter Hartung »

Offline PHa

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
"MSC FLAMINIA"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk