Author Topic: Antwerpen / Zeebrugge  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Antwerpen / Zeebrugge
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:37:58 AM »
Hello all together,

I'm planning a trip to Belgium. And for sure I wanna include some ships.

1.) Does anyone have great spots (by car) to see Ships in Zeebrugge and Antwerpen?
Mostly I love ships on the move... ;-)

2.) Is there a website where I can find on which day which ship is in port?
Mostly interested in cruise ships.

Thanks for answers.

Offline REARRANGE

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Antwerpen / Zeebrugge
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
Hello Stefan,

1) If you want to catch big cargo ships in Antwerp, drive up north to the Zandvlies/Berendrecht lock complex. Ships pass just in front of you. Great place to view  ships. At Zeebrugge you can go to the Van Dammelock. There it's big car carriers most of the time (Wallenius Wilhelmsen, NYK, K-Line,...). You can also have a great view at the CHZ Containerterminal if you drive to the naval base and follow the route to the end. There is a little square where you can sit and watch the big container carriers.

2) For Antwerp: visit sss.be or loodswezen.be
   For Zeebrugge: visit zedis.be
Cruise ships for Zeebrugge berth at quay 702 (there's a couple of them listed for arrival in September. Check the zedis site). You can view/take pictures when you're at the Van Dammelock. Cruise ships for Antwerp berth right at the heart of the city centre (near 't Steen). When you're in the city just walk to the side of the river Schelde (Scheldt) and look to your right or left to see if there are any cruise ships berthed. I don't have any info on sites containing info on cruise ships bound for Antwerp.

Hope this helps!

G.

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »
Hello G.,

Perfect informations, thanks a lot. Will use them with joy.
Now I just search for a site for cruiseships in Antwerp. ;-)

Best wishes from switzerland
Stefan

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »
A few remarks on Zeebrugge as I don't live that far from it.

An online guide (written by me) with the photographic spots in Zeebrugge can be found on the following link. They are basically the same as mentioned by "REARRANGE" but it is illustrated with maps and examples of the kind of pictures you can take there, based on my walking around there over the last few years. All information in the guide is still up to date.
http://www.doverferryphotosforums.co.uk/wordpress/photographic-locations-zeebrugge-2011/

All the spots in these links are publicly accessible. You can go deeper into the harbor on the harbor walls but I don't advise that as port security can bother you there and tell you to go away. I certainly do not advise to go onto the harbor wall in bad weather.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask for more information!

Kind regards
Cedric
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline Stefan Niederer

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 05:03:59 AM »
Hi Cedric,

Very impressive Site. Thanks for uploading that informations.
It'will be very useful with all that maps. Thanks again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk