Author Topic: Shipspotting in Europe  (Read 18915 times)

Offline Robbie Shaw

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airshaw.co.uk
Re: Shipspotting in Europe
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 09:19:16 AM »
Russell - Many thanks for tips on where to photograph at Rotterdam. Photographed 59 different ships in 6 hours - a great spot.  Will load them onto the website when I have finished loading the St.Petersburg shots - almost fnished.

Thanks again.

Robbie

Offline Roacheren

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 08:20:01 AM »
Good Experience... I have never been in a ship than before and now collecting some information from your posts guys... It will help me to finish my trip amazingly thanks!

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »
Well gentlmen I have just joined this website. I put in the name of the ship(s) that
literally loads or unloads a quarter of a mile from me. I look out of my back window on the river Medway in Kent U.K. and saw the `SCOT RANGER`(Inverness) berth.
I have looked up this ship and see it go to Holland and Sweden too. In my ignorance I thought that the ship only plied between Rochester and Inverness. I was trying to find out
WHAT it carried as I see long type of boxes? being loaded or unloaded. I see the ship is classed as cargo. My ex wife thought that by inquiring, that would bring the security people
down on my head. Just inquisitive, thats me.                                                II dont take photographs myself,but this is an interesting site.
My name is Alfred,I am English and I am 85.

Alfred - I would expect her to be bringing in cargoes of timber and steel. She often visitis the Humber ports with the same type of cargo.

Rgds

Patrick

Offline steelman08

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
Thank you Patrick, the photographs and DVD`s are exellent, that members put on here.
The `Scot Pioneer`(Inverness),has berthed here today, someone said that some masters of the
Scot` class, drink in the `Brittainia` pub, in Rochester High Street.
I was once an `oiler`in a dockyard tug, when the oiler damaged his hand and I replaced him,
for two weeks.
You may be interested in this site.  riverman.gotdns.com/tuggies/

Thanks again, for all your efforts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk