Author Topic: GA Plans for IMO 8407735  (Read 6945 times)

Offline matt2224

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
GA Plans for IMO 8407735
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »
Hello,

I'm looking for the GA plans of the following ship:

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: GA Plans for IMO 8407735
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »
I know they're about somewhere as they're referenced on the Wikipedia page for the ship.

That does not necessarily mean that they are online.

Offline matt2224

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
Yes, that's true.

Offline jerome morris

• Professional model builder/restorations
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »
Try and find the classification society for the Costa ship. they may have plans or know where they would be.

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 06:16:59 AM »
Try and find the classification society for the Costa ship. they may have plans or know where they would be.

That would be Germanischer Lloyd. In addition, the shipyard and the owner likely have the GA drawings.

However, the problem is that general arrangements are not something that are usually released to the public, especially in case of passenger ships. However, you might have a bit more luck with an older ship like Thomson Dream than with a new cruise ship. It doesn't hurt to ask as long as you properly explain why you need the GA drawings.

Offline deadwood

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
Hi Matt,

her builders Mayer Werft in Papenburg, Germany are still in business and they certainly will be able to provide one with every drawing of the vessel built and (cross!) launched there as MV HOMERIC, provided they were willing to.
You should give it a try and contact them anyway. They might help a model boater out of his plight.
See their website for contact details.

However, if you are out of luck there you could try the Assoziazione Navimodellisti Bolognesi who also used to distribute a plans set of COSTA EUROPA, as she was named later while sailing for Costa Crociere many years, consisting of a general arrangement (1:200) and a body plan.
I know because I had ordered it a couple of years ago and the drawings seem to originate from the original builders Mayerwerft (i.e. showing no model building constructional detail).
Unfortunately, as I just have visited ANB's website, I haven't been able to proceed to the page of the COSTA EUROPA item order No.
The index page of ANB reads a note in Italian that their site is currently under construction and that this may last a couple of weeks.
So maybe you ring them up to inquire if the plans set is still available from them?

Then you could, of course, also inquire with Costa Crociere if they still have some remnant plans copies of COSTA EUROPA available that they would spare.

If that all doesn't succeed I could scan my plan sheets at a local copy shop and mail them to you for a nominal charge only covering my scanning expenses.

Good Luck
Ralph
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:16:15 AM by deadwood »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk