Author Topic: Oversupply of oil in our world and our ship spotting can prove it!  (Read 13651 times)

Offline Paul Bradshaw

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Oversupply of oil in our world and our ship spotting can prove it!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 12:01:21 AM »
The price of oil has to be higher because it is so expensive and complicated to extract oil from sand.

I live in Canada but receive many American television channels. The Americans are running commercials boasting of the hundreds of thousands of jobs to be created out of piping our tar sands down to the States. If the price is not "kept" (and I repeat ""kept"") at a level to make the tar sands viable, (at the expense of the consumer) what would happen to these jobs????

Offline Arnes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 01:47:58 AM »
No problems; just triple the price of petroleum (or gas as you may call it) in the US / Canada. Too bad the rest of the World have to subside the US driving-habits. Let them taste European prices....

Offline Ian Horsfall

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 02:33:36 AM »
Paul, those Tar sands are for export not for consumption in USA , most normal people want Canada to Ship that to a Canadian west coast Port we have enough in the USA without bring that in,and the by product that is left, in to the Country. The Pipe line Construction people and Pipe suppliers will disagree with me, sure they need the jobs that a pipeline brings but WTF .
Arnes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:31:37 PM by Ken Smith »

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
Ian  
a lot of the problems is the oil SPECULATORS/STOCK MARKET TRADERS they drive up the price of oil ...if you looked at that you would see that is what is happening .. as for the price of oil/gas here in Newfoundland Canada rhis year we have hit 1.50 a liter for gas so it is over 6.00 a gallon.. and we have a refinery here to refine crude  that comes ashore to be processed... this is in Canada so tell me why is the price of CANADIAN CRUDE so expensive
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:33:02 PM by Ken Smith »
:lol:  :-D  :-D

BobS

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
In the UK a litre of gasoline/petrol in (cheap) supermarket filling stations currently costs

Offline Paul Bradshaw

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 02:40:21 AM »
I agree WTF. Too much politics!

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 10:51:27 AM »
In the UK a litre of gasoline/petrol in (cheap) supermarket filling stations currently costs

BobS

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 01:28:39 PM »
Kelvin:
One presumes you are talking about Saudi Arabia where at the last count gasoline cost

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
Bob,
One would assume correctly!
A few months ago, I was back in England and telling my lad how a full tank of around 110 litres cost me something like 9 quid.
Just that morning, he had to fill up his prison van; it took 110 litres and cost 110 quid!
At the moment, the price for regular is around 15cents a litre. Water is more expensive though!
Kelvin

Offline E. Vroom

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »
No news really,
read this 2009 news item from Rotterdam port authourity

Date 11/26/2009

Source
Port of Rotterdam Authority

"New anchorage in North Sea

As a result of the ever-rising numbers of ocean-going vessels wanting to anchor in the North Sea near to the port of Rotterdam, the Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management has designated a new anchoring area. It is anchorage 6, just over 15 kilometres northwest of Scheveningen. It is located along the route to Scandinavia and the Baltic states. Anchorage 6 can accommodate about fifteen vessels.

Last year, there was a marked increase in the popularity of the anchorages in the North Sea. A lot of tankers anchor here, awaiting orders or just

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk