Author Topic: Code of Conduct  (Read 33879 times)

kensmith

Code of Conduct
« on: April 10, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »
I view of recent events in the main Website Forum and also to Photograph Comments it has been decided to introduce a Code of Conduct.

This will involve all members regardless of status and can be found at this link.

http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=Code%20Of%20Conduct

It will not affect the majority of members but it was considered should be included in the Rules and Guidelines because of the way the Forum has been disrupted recently by having comments removed and so leaving a topic/thread in disarray causing members to wonder what was going on, and this also includes attacks on members, the Forum is not the place for this kind of behavior and should be dealt with by either a pm message or EMail and not in the public domain, it discredits the Website.

Behavior of this kind will no longer be tolerated, it you wish to make a comment to either the Forum or a Photograph then of course you are free to do so but please ensure that it is not something that you would wish to remove at a later time.

There have also been attacks against the Admin Team none of which are justified, we have a good team of Admins working on behalf of all members to keep this website running as smoothly as possible, they are all volunteers and give their time willingly, they deserve a little respect for what they do so unless it is justified these attacks will not be tolerated.

Finally, the penalties will be imposed for anyone not abiding by this code.

Regards
Ken Smith
Webmaster
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:12:52 PM by Ken Smith »

Offline Tomislav Raymondi

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Code of Conduct
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
Dear Ken

Fully agree with your posting, and in this connection please analyze for a couple of seconds, a simple suggestion from an old membership, I have seen in a few photos posted here, that some members lough, make stupid jokes or comments about the photo or photos and in my humble opinion that is not a behaviour of serious people.

If the photo or photos posted by some member or members is not cause of laughing at, maybe they are beginners and do not know the procedures to upload photos, and this could have a fast solution with a brief and understanable explanation for everybody.

Kind Regards

Tomi.

Offline Astra

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Code of Conduct
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
Fair enough with a code of conduct.

Ken, the topic / thread, which you are referring to, was initiated by an admin. wanting to provoke  a member - it was not a thread about a member " attacking " the admin - and it was a thread, which the admin. should have deleted much faster, than it actually happened.

The topic / thread was not left in disarray because the provoked member wanted to delete his comments. The topic / thread was doomed to be left disarray due to the quality of the initial posting.

Apart from that, the admin. is doing a well job, but please have a word with that member of the admin, who thought it pertinent to initiate the topic / thread, which you referred to.

Regards         

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »
Well done, after all this forum is here for sharing photos, and share our common interest in shipping and all matters relating to this, and not anything else :-)

Offline Roacheren

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Code of Conduct
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 08:38:47 AM »
Awesome.. One of the great things about this forum is that it provides you required pictures and information as well about ship spotting events. Plus it makes available information about code of conduct on shipping.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 04:12:12 AM »
Hi All
This is a good idea.
However I don't know if it will discourage the number of spammers we appear to have on the site at the moment. I have had to report several to the moderators that have started topics and added to others that have nothing to do with shipping. I hope these people are having their memberships cancelled. 

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 08:24:43 AM »
I have the same problem with my own web site.
I don't know if you are aware of this very useful site: http://www.stopforumspam.com/
You put the email address or user name in the search and it will tell you if they are known spammers.
It also gives IP adresses so you can block them for the future.
Kelvin

Offline Blakoren

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 05:06:09 AM »
yes i also agree with the same thing that this forum is for sharing posts and photos on related to ships and if any one posts irrelevant post he must surely be banned this forum is not for spammers.

Offline Eric Leschevec

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 10:58:15 AM »
 I would be more worried about the standard of photography that is on this site . 

Offline tvtech

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 04:39:10 PM »
Whats wrong with it???

Photo.s are crisp and clear.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 09:22:13 PM »
'There have also been attacks against the Admin Team none of which are justified....]

#they deserve a little respect for what they do so unless it is justified these attacks will not be tolerated.]

These are a strange comments that in a way contradict themselves.  So a justified attack will be tolerated ??

Can you define 'justified'

Allan

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 10:21:18 PM »
'There have also been attacks against the Admin Team none of which are justified....]

#they deserve a little respect for what they do so unless it is justified these attacks will not be tolerated.]

These are a strange comments that in a way contradict themselves.  So a justified attack will be tolerated ??

Can you define 'justified'

Allan

Hm... Allan, the post you are referring to is more than three years old...  ::)

Cheers,
Jens

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 06:25:12 AM »
I just couldn't work out why Eric would suddenly restart a three year old thread with a comment that wasn't even relevant to that thread.

This should be closed down.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 06:33:56 AM »
Hi Jens

did not notice dates, bit frazzled at present, best to close thread as suggested

Allan

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 08:18:52 AM »
It's the heat, Allan, today I feel about the same after my third (almost) sleepless night. 28

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk