Author Topic: Shipping in the Thames and Medway in the early 1990's  (Read 3054 times)

Offline TEDINGHAM

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Shipping in the Thames and Medway in the early 1990's
« on: March 07, 2012, 06:32:56 AM »
I have just started converting some old analogue video taken on the Medway and Thames in the early 1990's.They were filmed by colleague Gordon Wise from my Colvic Northerner motorboat.
Our trips normally lasted 2 to 3 days and we covered the Thames Estuary out to the Zulu anchorage and inward bound up to Convoys Wharf.We also covered the Medway and Swale.
Bearing in mind that it was not a stable platform especially out in Sea Reach with wind over tide I think the quality hasn't come out too bad thanks to Gordon's steady hand.
It does take time transferring them into digital and editing them so it will be a series of 10 minute clips over the year.
It's amazing that over a couple of decades how things have changed or in cases completely disappeared.There is commentary by Gordon on many of them and if it can be heard over the engine noise adds a bit of information about the shipping.
I hope you find them interesting and the link for Part 2 is below and I will be putting them on Shipspotting as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jPzem7bqT4&context=C3a79e27ADOEgsToPDskLXyVBeHQE9ak5r5N96DBuZ

All the best,

Ted Ingham

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping in the Thames and Medway in the early 1990's
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
Hi Ted,

Marvellous !

I've only viewed a couple of minutes and will view more when time permits. Sadly, I had dropped out of shipspotting in the 90s but these videos will be an excellent record of Thames and Medway shipping at that time.

I can't wait to see more.  :)

Cheers
Phil

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping in the Thames and Medway in the early 1990's
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:33 AM »
Thanks a lot! I was delighted,revived my times at sea,that lovely SD'14, and the sound!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk