Author Topic: traces of cocaine found on Schettino's hair sample.  (Read 13611 times)

Offline kyle pesely

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
traces of cocaine found on Schettino's hair sample.
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
its going to be interesting to see how this new piece of evidence plays out.

as if Schettino couldn't be MORE screwed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/lawyers-cocaine-capsized-cruise-captains-hair-15747636#.T0KHkZiXT50

(if the admins want to move this to a pre-existing Concordia thread, please feel free, i just couldnt find one appropriate)

Offline E. Vroom

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Flickr.com
Re: traces of cocaine found on Schettino's hair sample.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:28:02 PM »
"as if Schettino couldn't be MORE screwed."

screwed up, more likely

Offline N3lsoN

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:43 PM »
in 2005 US-scientists found at 90% off all analyzed american banknotes traces of cocaine, at 85% of canadian banknotes, at 90% of euros and at 20% of japanese banknotes. the quantity of cocaine was between 0,006 und 1240 microgramm! so, if they find traces of cocaine under your finger nails, you are automatically guilty? for me this looks like just another "yellow press sales promotion headline". very good for share holders value, bad for objectiveness and justice in this very sad maritime disaster. 

Nelson
usual a ROM = Read Only Member ;O)

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
Nelson

I am with you on this,,seems like no news
 now they found something again to keep it boiling

NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline kyle pesely

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »
Nelson & Capt. Ted:

i agree with you completely. im not saying that Capt. Schettino is a daily or even casual user, but it will be interesting to see if this turns into anything.

Offline Chris Howell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 12:17:58 AM »
Whether he was stoned or sober is all really academic,why did he and lets not forget the other bridge officers allow the ship to hit the island in the first place ?

All these snippets are just the endless crap that the media feeds to the world to keep sales
up. ( and viewing) after all they are in business just as Costa Cruises is.
Notes on album
1. All postings are photography of Chris Howell except where stated taken from 1972 to date.
2. Photographs taken by others are credited as owned collection and photographers name where known and I own the copyright or the person mentioned in the text.

Offline Kai R

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »
this just shows that he was a consumer, it doesn

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:36 PM »
I am a believer of innocent until proven guilty.  Until all the investigations are complete we are not going to know exactly what happened to the Costa Concordia, how and why.  We should be grateful that it was not a lot worse.  But the way I see it, either someone made a massive mistake in judgement and it was too late to correct it or something went horribly wrong on the ship that lead it to hit the rock.

It will be interesting to see the final report.

Glenn

Offline peterredd

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:22:43 AM »
I doubt this story has a lot in it..He has enough on his plate as it is..

Cheers
Just love ships

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 01:01:03 AM »
I for one wonder sometimes why things like this started in the forum in the first place.
NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline kyle pesely

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 04:44:18 AM »
@Capt. Ted:

my intent with this thread was never to spread tabloid slander, or to dish out media hullaballoo. i was only trying to share a piece of information i had come across that i had yet to see shared here.

i always dreamed as a young boy of being a cruise ship officer, and when something like this happens, something that is (in theory) never supposed to happen, it grabs any and all of my attention when new pieces of information come to light.

all i was trying to say is this: REGARDLESS of whether or not the captain has ever actually consumed any illicit drugs, the public, by way of the media, are now potentially going to label him a user, and with everything else he has going on right now, i cant imagine something like that being anything but negative, regradless of the truth.

i have MUCH respect for the masters of all the different types of vessels that roam the seas of our blue planet, yourself included. so i cant help but be morbidly fascinated when one of them seemingly abandons those duties.

Offline kasco

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 01:08:19 PM »
@Capt. Ted:

my intent with this thread was never to spread tabloid slander, or to dish out media hullaballoo. i was only trying to share a piece of information i had come across that i had yet to see shared here.

i always dreamed as a young boy of being a cruise ship officer, and when something like this happens, something that is (in theory) never supposed to happen, it grabs any and all of my attention when new pieces of information come to light.

all i was trying to say is this: REGARDLESS of whether or not the captain has ever actually consumed any illicit drugs, the public, by way of the media, are now potentially going to label him a user, and with everything else he has going on right now, i cant imagine something like that being anything but negative, regradless of the truth.

i have MUCH respect for the masters of all the different types of vessels that roam the seas of our blue planet, yourself included. so i cant help but be morbidly fascinated when one of them seemingly abandons those duties.
Reported here that the Captain stated that the cocaine trace found in his hair came from sleeping on a pillow that some other cocaine user slept on. I thought the tale of falling into the life boat to explain his leaving the vessel ahead of the passengers could not be topped. I can't wait for the next tall tale!

BobS

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
Somebody mentioned "slander": the word used should have been "libel"!
I think it possible that when the results of the inquiry and any court cases are revealed, Capt Schettino - especially if he is proved not to be wholly at fault -  may possibly have grounds to sue some media for libel.
Although it is only a very remote possibility, he might also be able to sue this site or an individual member of it if speculative comments are made that go beyond what has appeared in the press and are seen as aimed purely at damaging the man or his reputation. It does not have to be untrue to be libellous.
A charge of contempt of court can also be brought for publishing inappropriate comments while a trial is in progress and is "sub judice".
So best shut-up with the speculative comments and await the outcome of the enquiry/trial! But if you feel compelled to have your say about the captain, be sure to use the word "allegedly" at every opportunity.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:59:46 PM by Bob Scott »

Offline Ian Horsfall

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »
Bob,
Extremely well written,
I happen to live in USA, allegedly, where we have more Scum Bag Lawyers than the Ocean Has
Waves, eh Alledgely.

Watched AIS re-enactment of this Tragedy, the only thing that stopped greater loss of life was the Wind , phone pictures from the Bridge were disgusting, eh Allegedly.

Offline kyle pesely

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 02:28:23 AM »
well if the admin's feel that this thread is in any way out of line, or potentially harming to the site or anyone affiliated with it, i welcome them to delete it.

@Bob:

apologies for my incorrect word usage. im a humble cannery worker and sometimes my communications skills arent always top notch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk