The Portuguese Navy has now reported the incident in its website:http://www.marinha.pt/PT/noticiaseagenda/noticias/Pages/Explosaoabordodenaviopetroleiro.aspx
- the explosion was toward the prow;
- the resulting fire is under control;
- 8.000 tons of naphta on board;
- the ship's structure has been damaged by the fire;
- the missing crew member is a filipino;
Standing by in the area is the corvette "Jacinto Cândido" of the Portuguese Navy, and a S&R vessel from Sesimbra; two other merchant vessels were drawn to the scene for assistance; a Merlin EH-101 heli is also overflying the area.
So far there is no spill of the cargo, but the ship awaits inspection by authorities before she is declared safe and is allowed to enter Portuguese waters (12nm).