"It's not just a few experts who are critical of the final report, but practically the entire national and international seafaring world has a different understanding [of the sinking of Estonia] than the theory presented by JAIC. This criticism demands answers, not silence."
- Swedish Ship Officers' Association
Estonia Litigation Association (ELA)
on the Sinking of Estonia
An international symposium to commemorate the 852 victims and examine the facts on the 11th year anniversary of the Estonia catastrophe.
The media is invited to take part in this historic event at:
The National Library of Estonia
Tõnismägi 2, Tallinn
27 September 2005
10:00 - 17:00
Tel: (+372) 630-7611
Among the international maritime experts and researchers
presenting critical new evidence and facts are:
· Anders Björkman, M.Sc., naval architect and marine engineer, France
· Dracos Vassalos, Professor, Director of Ship Stability Reseach Center, University of Strathclyde, Scotland
· F. Gregg Bemis Jr., MBA, member of the Marine Forensic Panel, SNAME; leader of the Estonia expedition 2000, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
· Marek Blus, master mariner, researcher of Jan Heweliusz ferry catastrophe, Poland
· Werner Hummel, member of The German Group of Experts, representing Meyer Werft, the company that built Estonia, Germany
· Lars Ångström, Swedish Green Party Member of Parliament, Sweden
· Evelyn Sepp, Member of Parliament, vice-chairman of the Riigikogu Committee of Investigation to Ascertain the Circumstances Related to the Export of Military Equipment from the Territory of the Republic of Estonia on the Ferry Estonia in 1994, currently completing its investigation
· Bertil Calamnius, AgnEf - the Working Group for Investigating the MV Estonia Shipwreck; the organizer of the two prior Estonia seminars, Sweden
· Jutta Rabe, film producer and TV- journalist, author of 14 documentaries made for Spiegel TV about Estonia, Germany
· Christopher Bollyn, investigative journalist reporting for American Free Press, Washington, D.C., USA
The results of the official (JAIC) investigation into the sinking of Estonia, have caused serious concern among the international maritime experts who are professionally engaged with issues of safety at sea. Many of these experts have called for a new independent investigation.
Please register by e-mail to: email@example.com
before September 20.
For more information, please visit:http://www.elaestonia.org/eng/index.php?module=lingid&link=161
To arrange an interview with speakers
please contact: Helje Kaskel
Chairman, Estonia Litigation Association
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.elaestonia.org
Welcome to the Estonia Symposium 2005!