Author Topic: Renamings  (Read 1289084 times)

Offline Pekka Laakso

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Renamings
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 02:19:16 AM »
Interesting that also Sydney Express will be renamed. As I know she is sublet from PONL to Hapag-Lloyd and Columbus New Zealand is sublet to Hamburg-S

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 02:56:57 AM »
On the list that I saw, the new name for the Columbus New Zealand was "TBA"

Offline Alan M Calvert

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 12:43:27 AM »
Hi,
Sorry about no replies to these messages but working to many hours.Still seems odd that they would keep the Nedlloyd part of the name as Nedlloyd continue to operate as a seperate company in Europe with their inland barges and transport logistics companies.

regards
Alan

Offline Peter

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 06:50:45 PM »
Just to inform the members of this list  that Blue Star company  (Netherlands )(100% daughter of PONL ) will be renamed to Nedlloyd Ship Management......

Offline Alan M Calvert

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 01:18:59 AM »
I presume that this is the Blue Star Reederei Shipmanagement Company renamed Nedlloyd ship Management.It still seems strange that Nedlloyd will be involved at this level.

cheers
Alan

Offline Nicky01

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
I think that is a great idea. I am interested in the re-namings of livestock carriers (also any scrapped ones) - I am trying to track down what the "Norvantes" became, if anyone can help.
Cheers
Nicky01

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »
According to Equasis and DnV class, she is still in service as Norvantes.

You can check out vessels for yourself at www.equasis.org, though you won't find scrapped ships there. You can also  log into any classification society 'register book' free of charge on the internet. All can be found via google.com

Phil

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 11:00:44 PM »
I have been away in Oz for 3 weeks and have only just caught up with the Maersk renamings of the PO Nedlloyd vessels.

I must say that I am a bit dissappointed, I had hoped that Maesrk would at least regognise in a small way they history of both P&O and Nedlloyd, and rename the vessels Maersk Mairangi, Maersk Remuera, for example.
But they seem intent on removing any trace at all of P&O Nedlloyd.
The D series names that they are giving to the 4100 class are awfull.
Does anyone out there have any idea what the rationale of these name are, ie, are they cities, provinces or what.
Damascus and Dominica are obvious, but what of the others, what do they mean.

As For Needsville, good god!!, is one to be called  "Sackville"!!.

Rgds/Mike
Hilifta

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 08:10:32 AM »
Some further news re renaming of P&O vessels.

Ponl Wellington to be renamed Ratana Sopa 4 Nov Melb
Ponl San Fransisco tbn Saxonia 8 Nov Melb
Ponl Hunter Valley, to go off charter Singapore 21 Oct, to be replaced by the Santa Alexandra
Ponl Yarra Valley new name TBA

Rgds/mike
Hilifta

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 05:48:22 PM »
Its nice to hear that the Nedlloyd name will still be seen on ships, and iam pleased that Maersk are remembering some of the history associated with the P&Onedlloyd name.   :-)

please keep posting details of name changes to P&ONL vessels. :-D

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 09:11:45 PM »
Hi there daywalker,

You seem to know something I don't.
I was be-moaning the fact that Maersk had ignored P&O's history and you are saying that they aren't.
Obviously I have missed something here.
Can you let's know where you have seen this info.

I have just re-read the memo P&O sent to their customers with a list of the re-namings as they relate to NZ services and I quote,
"P&O Nedlloyd owned or long term charter vessels will be re-named with a Maersk prefix and funnel livery will be repainted with the familiar Maersk star on a pale blue background. Other vessels presently operating on P&O Nedlloyd services will revert to owners names" unquote.

This was followed by a list of the vessels involved in our services.

But I would still like to know what all these "D" series name mean.

Rgds/Mike
Hilifta

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 09:39:07 AM »
Hi mike,

I totally agree with you when you say that maersk have ignored P&O's history & having previousely worked for P&Onedlloyd this is a really big shame.

As mentioned here Blue Star Reederei has changed its name to nedlloyd ship management,it seems that the vessels owned by them are dropping the P&O prefix but keeping the nedlloyd prefix so at least this name will live on.

With regard to the "D" series i also think these names are awfull and would like to know their meanings too.

Rgds

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005, 12:55:45 PM »
Where did the info about Blue Star Reederei changing name come from? There's certainly nothing mentioned on their website. It really doesn't make sense given that the company has nothing to do with Nedlloyd and is now a Maersk Group company. As for the vessels with names prefixed 'NEDLLOYD', these have always been prefixed as such from new and will doubtless change to 'MAERSK' in due course. The renaming of "P&O NEDLLOYD BARENTSZ" to simply "NEDLLOYD BARENTSZ" is, as others have suggested, erroneous.

The rationale behind the 'D' names is simple. These P&ONL ships are in a similar size class (panamax) to Maersk's existing 'D' series vessels, so they just want to be consistent with their nomenclature.

Hope this helps.
Phil

Offline Andrew McAlpine

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2005, 02:28:44 PM »
hi, the info re blue star (netherlands) changing name to nedlloyd ship management was as per post by ijsje76 on 12/10/2005,

Quote;
"Just to inform the members of this list that Blue Star company (Netherlands )(100% daughter of PONL ) will be renamed to Nedlloyd Ship Management......"

I to have checked their website and cannot find any mention as yet however.

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2005, 02:49:14 PM »
I am wondering if there is some confusion. Blue Star Reederei is a German company set up by P&ONL to take advantage of the German KG fund system. There is a separate P&ONL subsidiary called P&O Nedlloyd Shipmanagement, which is based in Holland.

Maybe APM will be merging the two companies, but I can't find any official notices to that effect and I can't see them retaining the Nedlloyd name either.

Cheers
Phil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk