ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) and TransOcean Tours closure  (Read 12434 times)
Clive Harvey
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2020, 02:18:23 pm »

Just a small point. Whilst the ship did indeed carry the name Sitmar FairMajesty she never sailed as such. Before she was completed P&O acquired Princess Cruises and Sitmar FairMajesty became a Princess Cruises vessel upon her entry into service, Sitmar having been wiped from existence by P&O - to their shame.
Report to moderator   Logged
Angelgreat
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2020, 04:26:07 pm »

The Magellan is to be sold today. I hope someone does buy her for cruising because otherwise she will join her younger and bigger sisters in Aliaga. Maybe she could join her sister in Bahamas? Who knows? We just have to wait. This leaves the Marco Polo left to be sold 22nd October 2020.
Robert J Smith
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2020, 02:20:46 pm »

Astoria due to move from Tilbury dock to Northfleet Terminal tomorrow morning possibly to prepare for tow to Portugal. Tug Monte Da Luz arrived this morning.
No departure date/time yet.
liming
Home away from home

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2020, 05:29:06 pm »

Hi all,

as TRADEWINDS reports today, MAGELLAN an COLUMBUS are sold to SEAJETS of Greece.
Further plans for the ships are not known.

Greetings from Hamburg

Jan
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 05:30:38 pm by liming » Report to moderator   Logged
Angelgreat
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2020, 03:42:51 am »

Marco Polo has been sold yesterday October 22. Now all the CMV and TransOcean vessels have been sold off.
Geir Vinnes
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 07:34:06 pm »

ASTOR has been sold for demolition: http://www.cruiseharbournews.com/astorscrap.html
Angelgreat
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Yesterday at 08:47:41 pm »

ASTOR has been sold for demolition: http://www.cruiseharbournews.com/astorscrap.html

This seems like a sad ending for the 1987 Astor(II)(ex. Fedor Dostoevskiy). She was sold for scrap for only 1.7 million euros, thats around 2 million US dollars! She had been uppdated and refurbished in the past, but it seems no one wanted her. She is still laid up at Tilbury, but will sail to Aliaga soon. This will leave her older sister Pearl II left. The 1981 built Pearl II (ex. Astor(I), Arokna, Astoria) is the same design as her sister the 1987 built Astor and have gone through similar upgrades, especially when both sailed for TransOcean. She may also be sold for scrap too! Another vessels bites the dust.

In other news, Vasco Da Gama has been bought by Mystic Cruises while Columbus and Magellan were bought by SeaJets. The buyer for Marco Polo has not been announced.
brian e cole
Supporter
Just popping in

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Today at 02:49:39 am »

Hi! Everybody, I am now quite disappointed at ASTOR going for scrap. My late wife and I did six cruises on Astor here in Australia and she would have been the finest ship in their fleet. Very sad. Vale Astor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: