ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Port of Bangkok traffic.  (Read 517 times)
teachers
Not too shy to talk

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2020, 12:50:10 pm »

The average ship movements in a 24 hour period is about 30.
From 17-00hrs yesterday to 16-00hrs today there were 43 on the daily ship schedule.
The geared bulk carrier, Great Ocean was inward bound this morning with a length of 591 feet, 180 metres, the biggest ship to arrive in the last 3 months.
I am not sure what the limit is in length because the river is quite difficult to navigate in some places.
There was a ship due this morning called, Kenta Maru, ship schedule suggested it was a reefer, i looked on Marine Traffic this morning and it was shown off the Iberian coast.
At anchor was a ship called the Limco Maru, so i thought it must be an error on the ship schedule, i looked at Marine Traffic again a couple of hours later and the Kenta Maru was approaching Bangkok pilot station.
Report to moderator   Logged
Graham Moore
Quite a regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 08:10:24 pm »

The most ship movements Ive noted in one afternoon is 24 plus 1 tug, 3 bunker tankers and one vessel at anchor, and still enough time in between to do the Bangkok Post crossword ! Oddly the only bulk carrier I have noted passing there was one of my first sightings, LOVE ME TENDER. The place to see those is of course Koh Si Chang anchorage. I only went there once, taking the ferry from the pier at Sriracha for a trip to the island, quite a choppy trip on the way over, but improving later and luckily not downwind of any tapioca loading operations. 
teachers
Not too shy to talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 02:15:18 pm »

Another busy day, there were 44 ship movements today, 22 arrivals and 22 sailing and shifting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: