ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maersk questions  (Read 894 times)
Leon de Hoop
Not too shy to talk

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2017, 09:38:23 pm »

Good evening Gents,

I have three questions;

1) Can someone supply me with the Keel Laid/Launch and Delivery dates of the Benalder/Benarty and Benavon.

2) Since 2011 Maersk is rebuilding 5 classes of their container fleet.
   Can someone supply with the years of rebuilding of these vessels.
   Not all vessels are done yet but all info is welcome.
   I already know the A.P. Møller according to the pics from Denys.
   According to my info the concerned classes are; A-class (Only A.P. Møller done)
                                                   C-class (except Clementine/Columbine/Cornelia)
                                                   E-class (except Ebba/Estelle/Evelyn)
                                                   G-class (except Gunhilde)\         
                                                   S-class (don't know yet)

3) Are there websites available where you can find this kind of info.

All conversions were done by CSIC Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., Qingdao

Best regards

leon

Report to moderator   Logged
ChasB46
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:15:46 pm »

Q1. Which Benarty etc. Ben Line had more than one named of each? Miramar site has all the details
http://www.miramarshipindex.nz/about  7days free then US $20 per year.
MO Roy
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 01:01:17 am »

Hi Leon,

Benalder was delivered 10/1972, Benavon 01/1973 and Benarty (City of Edinburgh) 11/1973.

The A-class did not had a Bridge elevation, A.P.Moller is not an A-class but a S/C-class vessel.

It all started in 2011, as you mentioned. I don't have all the dates for all the specific vessels but besides the classes you have mentioned also the Singapore flag A-class (different from the Danish Odense built A-class) i.e Alfirk, Algol, Altair and Antares had Bridge elevation and the Singapore /Hong Kong flag L-class had a bridge elevation. In this class the last eight were delivered with elevated bridge and the first eight (La Paz, Laguna, Lavras, Lebu, Leticia, Lima, Lirquen and Luz) were elevated at a later date (first 5-year drydock).
Also the ex-Dutch flagged S-class, i.e. Stepnica, Salalah, Salinah, Savannah and Stockholm did had a bridge elevation during their first 5-yearly drydock.

The G-class you mentioned exists of the original 6 g-class vessels and 6 m-class vessels which were renamed with g-names when the triple-e's were delivered.

I'm unaware of any website having all the rebuilding/modification dates readily available but they all have been done at a scheduled 5-yearly drydock.

Cheers,
Roy
Leon de Hoop
Not too shy to talk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:40 am »

Hi Roy,

Thank you very much for all this info.
I was really unaware of all the other classes although I suspected the L class also.
Yes I know about the G class and according to pics on here the Gunhilde didn't have the elevation yet.
It's a lot off searching again but fun to do.

Best regards

Leon
ChasB46
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:54:40 am »

Benalder keel laid     launched 14 5 1972    delivered 6 10 72  1993 Maersk London ; builder Howaldtswerke-DW ; broken up 7 10 2001

Benarty keel laid 21 9 72  launched  15 3 1973  delivered 9 11 73 as City of Edinburgh; re-engined 1981 ; renamed 1992 Benarty; 1993  Maersk Edinburgh  builder Howaldtswerke-DW; broken up 17 5 2002

Benavon keel laid 22 2 1972  launched 6 8 1972  delivered 9 1 1973  1993 Maersk Paris ; builder Howaldtswerke-DW; broken up 15 11 2001

Benarty details corrected + broken up details
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:10:55 am by ChasB46 » Report to moderator   Logged
Leon de Hoop
Not too shy to talk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:06:32 am »

Good morning Chas,

Thanks for the information.
Another bit off the puzzle solved.

Best regards

Leon
Pages: [1]
  Print