Author Topic: HMS Sheffield F96  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Highflyer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
HMS Sheffield F96
« on: August 21, 2017, 02:16:37 PM »
Who can tell me how to find the location of this ship in February, 1996?
I do know where she was, but can't find a way to variety our location at that time. Obviously the ships log would say, but as a member of the public is there a way I can track historically where she was?
Can any one help? :-\

[photo removed - copyright - Admin]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:21:43 PM by davidships »
Steve

Offline Aquizard

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: HMS Sheffield F96
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »
If the ship had AIS filled and was broadcasting at the time I am afraid it will be very difficult. Harbour Masters may log all vessels entering and leaving ports but this will require a specific request and a search of the records if they are still available, and how far they can go back. It may be worth contacting the PRO at Kew to see if they store such data and give reader i.e. public access to it.
There is a History Section at Portsmouth Naval base which could be of use and it may be worth contacting them.   

Offline huecity

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:01:56 PM »
there is a sheffield association---try sheffielddirectory.org.uk--it has an e-mail address and a link to the sheffield association--i was not able to connect off the link--it quotes a contact as nicholas wilkin telephone 07785537459 or try thr royal navy museum at portsmouth historic dockyard maybe they are now custodians of the logs--good luck-hue city

Offline Aquizard

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:48:48 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk