ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Falls Line sailing vessels - deck plans  (Read 2319 times)
davidships
Webmaster
Top Poster

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:13 pm »

Following enquiry received by shipspotting.  If anyone can help please indicate here, or PM me and I will put you in touch with the enquirer.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I am building a series of models to show the construction and detail of the iron 4 masted ship  ‘Falls of Clyde’  as she was when launched in 1878.  A half model together with a fully detailed - frame, plate and rivet - hull centre section, have been completed. 390 step by step photos of that work can be seen here:
< http://www.wworkshop.net/Falls_of_Clyde/Menu.html >

I am now seeking data for the reconstruction of the deck furniture cabins etc., for a  fully rigged and detailed, waterline model in 96th scale. The ship at this time is far removed from it’s original configuration, having  been converted into an oil tanker in the 1940s.

I do have a copy of the original board room painting of the ship, see attached, together with a deck layout of the ‘Falls of Garry’ (1886) from ‘Last of the Windjammers\' Vol-1.  The layout on both looks to be almost identical, as would be expected, having been built for the same Owners, by the same Builders, (Russell & Co, Port Glasgow) for the same Trade.
Also built by Russell, between these two ships were the  ‘Falls of Bruar’ - 1879,  ‘Falls of Afton’ - 1882,  ‘Falls of Dee’ - 1882,  ‘Falls of Foyers’ - 1883, &  ‘Falls of Earn’ - 1884.

My search is for deck layouts, plans, and photos of anything taken on the decks of any of these ships, as all can indicate something of the possible original design and look of cabin structure and deck furniture pertaining to the ‘Falls of Clyde’. Some times crew members would have their photos taken on the ships, and the background information shown in these can include a wealth of ship detail.

Should you hold deck plans and or detail photo of any of these ‘Falls Line’ 4 masted ships, I would be most grateful to have details of what is available.

The completed models, have not been commission by, but will de donated to ‘The Clyde Maritime Trust’  for display on the ‘Glenlee’  or the ‘Falls of Clyde’  if she can be got back to the Clyde for restoration.

With respect,  Gerald A. Wingrove

+++++++++++
Report to moderator   Logged
Dеnis
Photo Administrator
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:43:18 pm »

Not sure, maybe he already has these blueprints of internal arrangements of some of the ship's compartments. Nothing more from me, sorry.

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/2frhQ1BE/file.html
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: