Author Topic: Questions about the P&O European Causeway & Highlander  (Read 1270 times)

Offline rjdg14

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Questions about the P&O European Causeway & Highlander
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:46:16 PM »
I went on one/possibly both of these in the early 2000s a number of times, but was quite young at this point, and therefore have some questions which I've been waiting a long time to know.

I was on the European Causeway last weekend and found it had been refurbished since my last ride a couple of years before. The walls were whiter, Poets Bar had been rebranded, and the seating had been replaced too. Under the previous look (many late 2000s images imaged xist), was this how it looked at the time of going into service (2000), or had it had a previous design? Again, I thought that the walls were whiter then, but I'm probably wrong here. Are there any images of its (or the Highlander's) interior when new?

Next, do these two ships count as freight or passenger ferries? Most competing boats in the Irish sea have a capacity of around 1000, but the P&O Larne - Cairnryan ones are only 410. Why, exactly?

Finally, does anyone know if the safety videos are identical now to when the ships were built? I saw one of them onboard the other day and it looked to be quite old, but I need confirmation...

Could another person help me find the answer to any of these if they know/have been one one of these two ferries...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk