Author Topic: Felixstowe congestion send vessels to London Gateway  (Read 2282 times)

Offline chrisg46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Shipping TV
Felixstowe congestion send vessels to London Gateway
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
Congestion at the Port of Felixstowe is reportedly sending major carriers' ships to London Gateway to keep them on schedule. Maersk Kimi, originally scheduled for Felixstowe, called at the Thames terminal on 23rd August, and Xin Beijing, also originally due to call at Felixstowe, will be at Gateway on 28th August.

Felixstowe is presently working on extending its berths 8 and 9 quay by 190 metres, but this won't be in operation until the middle of next year. In the meantime, the port's customers are continuing to operate larger vessels, with Maersk Emma class vessels cascading to the port, and larger than existing ships from other carriers expected next year, too.

Incidentally, I'd be keen to see if anyone has an pictures from the Maersk Kimi or the upcoming Xin Beijing visits!
Chris
I'm a working shipping journo, and run a website called ShippingTV . . .
http://www.shippingtv.co.uk

Offline Alan Green

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Felixstowe congestion send vessels to London Gateway
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:40:27 PM »
I believe that Sealand Eagle was also diverted recently and regular visitor to FXT - Maersk Kyrenia will berth on 30.08.14.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:44:38 PM by Alan Green »

Offline Alan Green

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
Courtesy of Loadstar:

The ill winds of the winter blew in favour of the new UK container port at London Gateway, when several ships were diverted from Felixstowe to the DP World facility at the start of the year as violent storms battered the North Sea port. But now in the midst of summer, good old fashioned

Offline chrisg46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Shipping TV
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
There's also now a short video clip on this topic from Shipping TV on this site's video page.
Chris
I'm a working shipping journo, and run a website called ShippingTV . . .
http://www.shippingtv.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk