Author Topic: Ship Photography Location directory  (Read 3153 times)

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Ship Photography Location directory
« on: April 23, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »
I wonder if it worth considering a specific page on the web-site for this. I know the site is run by volunteers, and it would need administering, but it seem that putting such information in one place, rather than scattered around different forum topics would be helpful to a lot of people. There are members all around the world who have good local knowledge, and can give good advice on the do's and don'ts of a particular location. Quite a few aviation web-sites have good information like this for airport's.

It's just a thought.

Offline Russell Judge

• Supporter
  • Just can't stay away
  • Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Photography Location directory
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »
I also think it would be a good idea. I could certainly do with some help in some locations I have visited or am thinking of visiting.

Clydee

Re: Ship Photography Location directory
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »
I agree with simonwp and Russel.  Similar requests have been made previously

There are a variety of methods that could be used. As an example see the one reached from a link on My Profile.  See http://forum.shipspotting.com/index.php?action=profile;u=21114

Members suppling advice about a location could do as I have done and upload a photo with the title commencing with the words Shipspotting Locations, followed by the location name.  The Description box can be used for information.

The detail need not be as comprehensive as I have supplied, provided it guided readers to the suggested location(s) for the title.

Members seeking advice could use the Photo Search box and enter Shipspotting (Begins with) and review all results.  Or specify the location name after the words Shipspotting Location

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk