Author Topic: FINAL VOYAGE FOR OCEAN GOING TUG SINGAPORE  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Robert Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
FINAL VOYAGE FOR OCEAN GOING TUG SINGAPORE
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »
The text below was taken from Piet Sinke's Shipping News Clippings. Needless to add any comment.

This is the last season greetings send from this vessel. Soon the SINGAPORE will be history and wholesaled, together with LONDON and ROTERDAM. Presently the SINGAPORE is performing her last towage under Dutch flag. An empty barge from Malaysia across the Pacific to Morgan City (USA).
I was already retired, but due to personnel circumstances I was requested by Svitzer Ocean Towage to make this last voyage. I joined SINGAPORE in Honolulu end of November, during a bunker stop. It is a trip down memory lane. In 1984 I was Chief Officer on the SMIT SINGAPORE on her maiden voyage. After that I made many voyages as Captain on the SMITWIJS SINGAPORE. This is my last voyage as Captain and it gives me great pleasure that I can do this on this tug, with a few old time good colleagues. On the other hand it is a sad feeling now the end is near for this branch of Dutch ocean towage, dating back to the nineteenth century. It didn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk